Pocket Screws

Someone was looking for a source for pocket screws a few days ago during the flurry of spam. I have used these folks for a few years now. Box of 1000 runs around $10.00 http://www.hghhardware.com /
I found putting screws in your pocket was a very bad thing. They poked right through my pants and left puncture wounds!
Jim

Buy larger pants or shorter screws. You could also lose some weight so those pants don't fit so tight... <grin>

Got some time on your hands today, eh Jim? :) Reminds me of getting short drywall screws out of a nail pouch ... gingerly.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/13/04

They have lots of other hardware too. Hinges, drawer slides, other hardware as well...

"James D Kountz" wrote in message

Know the feeling ... parts all cut, working against a deadline, got the rarely used plate jointer out to cut biscuit slots and noticed the fence was cracked so it wouldn't sit flat. Porter Cable is sending the $12 part by donkey to their outlet here in Houston for my pickup.
Hmmmm ... wonder if a loose tenon/5/8" spline will work in 1/2" thick material? It's not like I don't have plenty of time for the glue to dry on a test joint ... and if there ever was perfect shop weather going to waste, this is it ... a breezy 72 and sunny.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/13/04

dido Mike I think he's teasing us.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Mike in Idaho" < snipped-for-privacy@foo.bar> wrote in message
I wouldn't think of teasing you... <grin> Really, they have them!

Call them. I just bought two boxes from them last week. They are just around the corner from me so I didn't bother ordering them online.

I tried to peak, but you need to "register" to browse the catalogue
Or did I miss something? That's a real turn-off for me.

I thought so too, but it will let you in...just hit enter...

Greetings,
This URL has Kreg Pocket Hole Screws and the site seems to work well. I have not actually ordered from this site yet:
http://www.cheyennesales.com/catalog/kregscrews.htm
This URL has links to their on line catalog, which has links to Pocket Hole Screws, but takes a long time to respond sometimes. They have little folders on the catalog page, but when you open a folder, you might get nothing. If you click on one of the little page icons, such as "Hardwood Screws" you do get a page you can use to order screws or other products. The Screw icon a the top of the page produces a page with useful information about the screws and how to set up the jig.
http://www.kregtool.com /
You could also wait for the WoodWorking Show near you or call contact Kreg directly. Kreg Tool Company 201 Campus Drive Huxley, IA 50124 800-447-8638 fax 515-597-2354