Please accept my apologies...Forgive me finish gods!

Recently I have been re-energized in my life long passion of woodworking. It's been many of you on this group that have got me through my most stubborn phase of disliking the finishing work, after all the sawdust has flown! This along with my appreciation as I have got older of Wood's natural bueaty, has brought me to this point of asking for forgiveness....
Recently I finsihed a few major/minor projects
Oak Decorative frames - tung Oil Finish Mahogany shadow box - Tung Oil finish Cherry Shadow Box - Shellac finish Cherry Picture frame - Shellac finish Cherry Shadow Box - Tried & True Original finish Oak Sofa Table - Tried and True Varnish Oil
Thus....the point....
PLEASE...FINISH GODS...OR WHOEVER WILL LISTEN....
Forgive me for every using STAIN, especially Golden Oak, Red Cherry, Black Walnut, Elnglish walnut, Red Mahogany...etc. etc., and an POLY as well!
Oils are the way to go...no question asked! After I finished rubbing the first coat of T&T Varnish on my Sofa Table, I went to my finish cabinet, and rid it of all these "Stains"
I am fully and officially healed...no I only hope I can be forgiven!
hda
Where IS Jummy? Anybody seen the patron saint of stain and poly? Shoot, if he isn't going to do something about this blasphemous behavior, one of you disciples out there will have to. ;-)     mahalo,     jo4hn
A.I. wrote: [snip]> PLEASE...FINISH GODS...OR WHOEVER WILL LISTEN....

My child, It is not the stains that you use that are evil. but how they were used. Confess now if you stained cherry or the penance will become harsher the longer you hold back.
--
Young Carpenter

Oh, let it not be said that he used "stain" on cherry? Forewhence shall penance be made? Thou foolish boy. May they sit and eat off stained cherry the rest of thee life and let not a smile cross it. And send me the rest 'fore you screw it up too!
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:11:45 -0400, "Young Carpenter"