Plan Request

I have intermediate skills and equipment, and would like to make a jewelry armoire for my beloved wife. The standard Google fare doesn't do it for me.

Could someone provide a link or share a plan where I could get some ideas?

I appreciate any help and hope my request is within the parameters of the group.

Reply to
Gary B

--------------------------------- Check out item 0012, "Jewelry case", Norm built on New Yankee Worksbop.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

walt akers jewelry box, if you have the plans squirreled away. if not, i have a pdf of it somewhere.

Reply to
chaniarts

Just email JOAT

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I built this for my wife and a customer,

Leon

Of course it is, Gary. No worries!

One of our old Wreck members is Doug Stowe, back in my old stompin' grounds, arKansas. He has written a passel o' books 'bout boxes, boy.

Goto

and key in "boxes stowe" for 18 hits. Find what you want, and see if they're in your local library, while your order is processing. He covers the full gamut of styles, with and without inlay. Some have nice jewelry box plans inside. Highly recommended. Check the tables of content online. Most books have previews @ Amazon.

-- The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings. -- Okakura Kakuzo

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gosh, that seems like asking for trouble if they don't have enough stuff to fill it up!$! : ) Beautiful work though!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

As Nailshooter can attest, my wife keeps rolls of quarters in it too. LOL

Thank you BTY. I got my inspiration from

charged about $800 for the one I sold. Notice the pricing on the ones at the above link?

Reply to
Leon

Yes, the prices are definitely higher than one might at first guess. But I don't doubt that you earned the entire $800. As for the one you made your wife, I'm sure she considers it priceless.

On a related note, I want to make my wife a kitchen table (red oak seems readily available, but we have maple cabinets, so I haven't really decided that part yet). I was curious of an effective way to inlay a monogram (or something like that) to make it personal, but I am concerned about whatever I do "wearing-well" over time. Any thoughts out there? No doubt, even with a table by itself, I'm already in up to my neck... And as Larry would point out, I still have lights to hang...

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Anyone touching -that- straight line has more balls than I do.

P.S: I like yours better than Gerstner's. Kudos.

-- Life is full of little surprises. --Pandora

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wow, that is really nice. It would be great for storing router bits, drill bits, and small tools in, too! :)

Reply to
Larry W

;!)

. Thank you, so did I. The others are acutally built by an old tool box company that is still building wooden tool boxes. I actually got to see a "tool box" make by that company at a local Woodcraft store, I hope their jewelery boxes looked better.

Reply to
Leon