pissed at HD

Page 3 of 6

A very wise observation indeed.
Frank

Really? Like what? This sounds like it could be good...
20 years or so ago over something silly someone I barely knew poured a 20 oz soft drink into my gas tank. I sat for a couple of weeks thinking up a way to get even with him, but before I could act he and his girlfriend lost control of their car, crossed the medium strip and hit a tractor trailer head on, killing them both. I think that if I had acted I might have blamed myself for a death, a very heavy burden to bear.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Larry Bud" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
DJ
Life is too short to get upset over something as trivial as this.
--
Rumpty

Rumpty
Just an observation for you. To say "Life is too short" is just plain wrong. It is the longest thing you will ever do.

try to find out when the store is not so busy and shop then. beats getting all steamed. If I go to Costco in the morning it's busy as hell. If I go around 7PM it's usually slow and check-out is a breeze. Learn to go with the "flow"...
dave
DJ wrote:

Get a life!!! Do you always go bullshit when you don't get your way?? Your mommy should have taught you better.

Home Depot is not going to "learn" anything by you returning the sander. I see from this and your other post that you seem to have a hard time when you don't get your way. Maybe you need to take a look at yourself and learn to take things in stride and keep a sense of proportion. I speak from experience here, I'm not trying to be a d*ck. So Home Depot cost you a precious 5 minutes of your life. What would you have spent them doing? I think of the amount of time I waste doing stupid things and it puts things like this in perspective for me. Life is much niceer when you don't get mad over every stupid damn little thing.
Frank
Thanks for all the replies guys- I do appreciate advice, and take it to heart. Turns out I really like the sander, it has much less vibration then the 6" PC. It is made in Germany, and the quality shines through. It has that certain "feel" like my Metabo 13V cordless drill that is difficult to explain. I'll keep this one, but continue to spend my money at Jerry's ( a local HD competitor with comparable stock and prices).
DJ
I was recently in HD and had the same experience; just went in to buy a box of drywall screws, and had to get in line behind a half dozen others at the only checkout that was open. Here is what I did:
I spoke up to the customer ahead of me, "I SUBSCRIBE TO REC.WOODWORKING!"
"Oh excuse me sir, please go ahead of me."
I continued this with each customer ahead of me and quickly reaced the head of the line. Once there, the cashier said, "Sir, you can't just barge ahead of all these people who were in line before you."
I simply replied, "I SUBSCRIBE TO REC.WOODWORKING"
"Oh, I'm very sorry, sir, of course we will take care of you first. Please accept my apologies for questioning you."
By this time the manager had taken notice of the commotion and made his way over to the register. "What is going on here? Is there a problem sir?"
I told him "I SUBSCRIBE TO REC.WOODWORKING." and immediately he said, "Oh, sir, we are so pleased to have you shopping in our store! Please accept those drywall screws as a gift from HD! And here is a certificate for 50% off on your next purchase. May I carry those screws to your car for you?"
So, you see, you really can solve all of life's big problems, right here, on REC.WOODWORKING.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:31:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net (Lawrence Wasserman) wrote:

LOL

I'd damned glad I renewed my membership by sending JOAT a $50 check. It was cashed, but I've not received the card yet. Hope it gets here soon. Ed
LOL!
dave
Lawrence Wasserman wrote:

Thanks for the that and the rest Lawrence. Definitely a chuckle.
But will it work at one of the woodworking shows? Maybe I should put it on a shirt... lol.

There are rumors that Metabo actually makes a few of the Rigid tools. I have no idea why OWT wouldn't make them all themselves, but that is the rumor.
Brian Elfert

metabo makes lots of tools that end up with other labels on them. you'd be surprised....
such as?
dave
Bridger wrote:

All the HD's around here have 4 or more self-serve checkouts. Fast and convenient.
scott
On my clamp claming trip this morning to HD, I got to try out one of the U-Scan sort-of. A bored cashier came over and did everything but put the money in it. She was cute and had a odd day glo colored tape measure clipped on to her jeans and real looking butterfly tatoo in the small of her back. She caught me checking it out and I told her that I was trying to figure out what brand her tape measure was. Lame I know but hey. She then turned around and stuck out her chest and said most guys say that they are trying to read her name off her apron. If all HD cashier looked like her and were as helpful. I would go back more often.
Chef
writes:

Where is this HD. I need a roadtrip.
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 18:52:52 GMT, "Master Chef Richard Campbell"