Ping Robotoy

Page 1 of 2
Hey buddy, haven't seen any messages from you lately. You still with us?
On 11/28/2012 7:04 AM, Dave wrote:

As some of you are aware, Robatoy is valiantly battling a serious illness and was hospitalized, hopefully temporarily, yesterday:
<quote> ... (For those family and friends from afar that are wanting to send a card, if you go the hospital's website ...
www.bluewaterhealth.ca
... on the left hand side there is a link 'send an e-card to a patient'. You fill in the info and volunteer services print off the actual card with your personalized message and hand-deliver it. Info needed is department:
MedT, Room # N.4.048). Our love & blessings to you all. Xo
</quote>
I'm sure Rob (Sekeris) would be tickled like to hear from us here on the wRec.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

I used that and got a message from Angela that my ecard had gotten there. I did have trouble with the sending, but that could have been on my end.
Rob has indeed a very serious disease, and it is a miracle how he has been battling it. I'm not religious, but he and his wife are and are praising the Lord and the prayers of their friends for what Rob has achieved. If you are the praying kind, please pray for Rob and Angela. If not, do think of them ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 11/28/2012 10:17 AM, Han wrote:

Nor am I, but, at the risk of being smitten deaf and dumb for hypocrisy by any powers that be, I'm doing both.
They are both such great folks ... and Angela is so strong and beautiful, both inside and outside, that it just makes you ache to think of their current situation, particularly with a young daughter just starting college.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Amen. Did you see the picture with Rob looking up at the sky with daughter embracing him? That was so precious ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 11/28/2012 10:53 AM, Han wrote:

Yep ... under the best of circumstances it would have made me glad my iPad is moisture proof.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

:)
--
Best regards
Han
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:47:08 AM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:

Thanks Karl. I didn't know.
Sonny
On 11/28/2012 9:47 AM, Swingman wrote: ...

Done and thanks for the heads-up, Karl...

Thanks for the update and info, Karl.
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
On 11/28/2012 10:47 AM, Swingman wrote:

--
Froz...

<snip>

Thanks Karl. Card sent.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I'm an infrequent poster here, and I don't know Rob, but I agree. I had a scary and protracted medical adventure of my own a couple of years ago and I can tell you that every single bit of encouragement helped, wherever it came from. Some arrived from people I knew only through a musicians' online forum . We forget how many other lives we manage to touch in a lifetime, but in tough times, a lot of them remind us.
I sent Rob a card too. I'm pretty sure that in his place I'd have gotten a little cheer from that, even if I didn't recognize the name.
From Angela, Rob's wife, on Sunday 2/12:
<quote> Please again pass on to those in the Wrec how much the cards they have been sending have meant to Rob. Each and every one put a smile on his face and a few even made him chuckle. The outpouring of care has been heartwarming. Sometimes as individuals we do not realize how something that may be considered seemingly small can make a significant difference to someone. You have all made a difference to Rob and for that, I am grateful. Our blessings to you all. </unquote>
On 12/3/2012 9:33 AM, Swingman wrote:

this hospital." Hopefully we can infer from that, his spirits are at least lifting.
--
Froz...

Got this from Rob's wife this morning:
<quote>
Thanks so much for the e-card today, it meant a lot to Rob. Also, thank you for sharing the news on the Wreck as he got another 1/2 dozen from some of the regulars there. He was very tickled that you shared the info and that they sent the cards. In 2 days he has received 31 e-cards and it really has lifted his spirits. Thanks again and please thank those in the wreck for us as well. :)
</quote>
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Two Thumbs Up!
On 11/29/2012 9:19 AM, Swingman wrote:

That's a very clever service for a hospital to provide. It's mostly the actual treatment that makes us well of course, but the other stuff really helps.

I disagree, Greg. Without the proper attitude, people just don't get as well or as quickly. Fatalists die a whole lot quicker than fighters. Ask any cancer doctor. Attitude definitely affects your odds of survival almost everywhere.
-- All of us want to do well. But if we do not do good, too, then doing well will never be enough. -- Anna Quindlen
On 11/29/2012 2:52 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I did say "mostly", and I have more experience in this area than I do at woodworking; more than I would really have preferred. My outlook tracked my physical "discomfort" (that's the common euphemism anyway) quite closely; when I felt terrible my attitude was terrible too. It's hard to avoid.
Everyone involved with my care was truly extraordinary - the doctors, the nurses and even the office staff. It was entirely unlike my other two hospital experiences. They must hire especially personable people and explicitly allow them to be "inefficient" sometimes; chatting with the patients and families, walking people to another wing of the building rather than just giving complicated directions. One young woman, an intern I think, held my hand during an especially painful procedure. Two years later, she may just be getting the circulation back in that hand. :)
Fatalist? Fighter? Neither one sounds like me. I endured; that's about the best word for it.
The treatment did its job even when I was having a real hard time. But the kind attention of a whole lot of people helped me through as well.