Ping Larry Jaques

> Say "Hullo" to Phully Laird for me if you get through Nannup. Damn, > it's been 7 years now...I wonder if he'll remember me...if the grog > ain't got him yet. He slid down from Perth a while back. > > Well, he looks to be alive, anywho. Egad, tell him he needs a new web > guy. 256 color gifs, EEK!

You can tell him yourself. : )

I rang him and he said he would drop in to the wreck and say g'day

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

Gudday boys Yup still alive and kicking . .. Been a long while since I looked in here, aint it all different . ..? Thanks to a phone call last night from a nice bloke telling me that Larry had asked after me . . I thought I would say hi. Also had an email from Mario ( in Buffalo) a while ago ( which I havent replied to properly yet - sorry mate will get to it)

Very busy - 12 month waiting list ( mainly thanks to that crappy website wot I built with my own fair hands ) Busy moving into our new Workshop Gallery what I also built with my own fair hands Which by the way are now bereft of the end of my favourite left index finger wot I ran through the 10 inch buzzer a couple of months ago . . .

Any way just a quick hullo as i am just off to move more stuff out of the old shop into the new one.

Phully

Reply to
phil

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:56:38 +0800, the infamous "diggerop" scrawled the following:

Excellent! Thankee, Dop. You're a gentleman, no matter what everyone always says.

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:17:09 -0800 (PST), the infamous phil scrawled the following:

G'day, Phullymate.

It's damed good to hear from you, Phil.

Switch to JPGs or PNGs so you get the colors and clarity, dude!

Cool. Got JPGs?

All I did with mine was break it, well, the right index distal phalanx, anyway. Sorry to hear about your loss, Stubby.

Thanks for stopping by.

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You're welcome :)

Stone the crows! No way are you hanging that label on me : )

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

Lassa you old ratbag . . still pushing peoples buttons and winding em up I see . .. . . . Thats why I never stopped loving you .. big man love mate . .so dont get scared . .

Dont be deceived Lassa. . .diggerop sounds like a great bloke .. you can use that against him if you like.

How is things with you Larry? I heard from Jummy some years ago . . he was running a small construction business in Las Vegas at the time .. . I kept watching the TV show but he never appeared . . .

Must go now . . need to find our what a jpg is. . . .!!

Phully

Reply to
phil

Buggerit, mate, haven't you heard of the SawStop down there? Or maybe it doesn't work upside down?

Welcome home, Phully!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 04:01:55 -0800 (PST), the infamous phil scrawled the following:

You betcha!

Oh, OK.

I likely will.

I'm still doing web design, but my day job is now the Home and Garden Handyman. I help widder wimmenz whip their woodworking woes, so to speak.

On September 5th, I broke that right index fingertip. (nasty rabid flagstone bit) On October 7th, I took off the splint. On October 9th, I slipped and sprained my left wrist. So, as the Orientals say, it's been an interesting time, this end-of-summer of mine.

I'm still trying to clear enough room in the shop to bash up some of that nice jarrah you sent to me. All I've managed to build out of it so far is a weather rock stand for my dad, before he died. It was a smaller version of this style:

have a design for a mission style couch in my head, and some of the jarrah is slated for that. Maybe by THIS Christmas...

Did you ever find replacement gnomes for your shop, or are you still raking in all that dough by yourself?

Also, I need pics of your Southern Mansion, what you were building when we last talked.

A JPG (or PNG) is to a GIF what a glossy full-color maggy cover is to a b/w newspaper piccy.

The GIF picture format limits you to 256 colors, 8 bit color. The JPG format gives you 16.7 million, 32 bit color.

This article was written by Aussie nerds. Maybe you'll grok it.

you can adjust the JPG compression to find the best balance between clarity and file size.

xox

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:20:33 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

Yeah, in Oz, it jumps up and take the entire hand off. Very Highly Not Recommended.

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's it in a nutshell.

I don't suppose American wreckers would realise that one of the reasons US woodworking gear is so expensive over here is that it all has to be converted. Otherwise, everything works up side down and backwards. This involves taking it all apart and re-assembling the right way up. Costs time and money. Oh, and don't forget about making the sawblade or planer head run the other way otherwise, when you go to break down a 6x4 on the TS, it turns back into a log. A planer running the wrong way will add thickness rather than taking it off.

Chinese stuff is not so bad, we just have to rotate it 90 degrees.

Fair dinkum mate. I wouldn't pull your leg over something as serious as that.

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

Reading the exchanges between Phully and yourself, it struck me that the everyday vernacular I use talking with my Aussie mates is nothing like the way I express myself in the wreck. Mainly because I don't think anyone other than Aussies, or those like yourself who have spent time in this country would understand it if I did use Aussie expressions.

A typical exchange from when I met up with a former New Zealander workmate/ friend. "G'day you horrible old bastard." ; "Well I'll be buggered, if it isn't the old Kiwi sheep shagger himself." Translation: both of us were saying "Hello old friend, it's really good to see you"

"So, how've you been?" ; "Crook as a dog mate" ; "what a bastard" Translation: So how is your health?; "Not good, I've been quite ill," ; "That's a shame, I'm sorry to hear it."

"So, what's with the bag of fruit?" ; "The missus wants me to go to this bunfight with her" ; "You look as flash as a rat with a gold tooth" ; "Yair, I feel like a pox doctor's clerk" Translation: "I see you're wearing a suit". ; " Yes, my wife asked me to attend a formal dinner with her." ; "It's not often I see you dressed a smartly as that" ; "Yes you're right, I'm not comfortable in these sorts of clothes."

Current Americanised generation of Aussie kids wouldn't have a clue what we were talking about either. "Yo brother, what those two old mother f......'s talking 'bout?"

Going to ring the World Wildlife Fund tomorrow and have myself listed as an endangered species. : )

A culturally endangered diggerop.

Reply to
diggerop

You're freakin' nuts. I like that.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Give us a dinky di rendition of Slim Dusty and The Bushlander's version of "The Dog Set On The Tucker Box Nine Miles From Gundagi", then Mate!

(Last time I heard that I was 500 miles back of the Bourke, in Arnham Land). :)

Reply to
Swingman

it's there. Excepting the memory fade...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Damn, you're right about memories ... one time I could, and did, sing every song on that album after a few Darwin stubbies!

Reminds of hitchhiking from the Alice to Darwin, back when the bitumen was a trek not taken lightly.

Reply to
Swingman

Quite a sight, I'm sure. Tempted to buy that dang thing for laughs. Rumour has it the Carlton brewery manager in Darwin was told by his doctor to cut his drinking to 1 stubby a day, thus the 2 litre stubby was born. ;-)

I can see it now - a 6'2" brumby buster staggering down the middle of the bitumen singing 70s Oz cowboy songs by moonlight. The good life. Hope you wore good boots and traveled at night on foot to avoid becoming part of the scenery. (Doesn't that stuff get pretty sticky in the January sun?)

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Could maybe still do that. Spent much of my youth playing in country bands. We weren't any good, but had a lot of fun. I sang, played rythm guitar and would you believe, button accordian. Used to earn more than my day job playing 3 nights a week. Spent most of it on bikes and booze and broads. ...... the rest I just wasted. ; ) They were the best days. I see kids today who have 10 times more ability and talent than I ever dreamed of, who can't get a decent gig for free, let alone earn from it. How the world has changed.

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

Not all endangered species are worth saving :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

You'll keep, ...... ya mongrel. : )

diggerop