Dewalt router

Any of you guys have the DW621? Comments? I need a new plunge router for my Woodrat because my Milwaukee won't accommodate the plunge bar.

TIA

Larry

Reply to
TD

I have one, and love it to pieces.... I wouldn't put it in a router table, however. i'd get something cheaper, as was as a little more powerful for a table. My other router is a Milwaukee, so no advice on that front. Maybe try the dw625 (more expensive) or the dw618 - 2.25 hw, available with one or two bases

shelly

Reply to
smandel

I know you are asking about a specific router, but if you could go up just one more notch to the DW625, I think you would be happier. I bought the 625 and love it. I looked at 621 but didn't buy it because it didn't have enough power to be fixed in a table.

The 625 is powerful enough to live in your table, but unlike that PC

3hp monster, it is easily controllable as a handheld.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Reply to
routerman

I went after a 625 on ebay today and got outbid. It went for $145 ... not a bad price. Landed the 621 for $83. That, methinks, is cause for a bit of a gloat.

Reply to
TD

Nope. I think it is a real reason for a gloat. So let me recognize that in the traditional group way:

YOU SUCK.

Oh yeah.... and congratulations on the get!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Ditto, 621 kinda small for a table, have 2 for hand held work, sweet. My table has a 3.25hp

Reply to
Rick Samuel