Picture- Bookcases Installed

Page 1 of 2
Here they are... what I was asking all the HVLP spraying questions about. http://goo.gl/1exvw
Phone pics, so not great detail. And silly me, I forgot to get a picture of the left side panel of bookcase.
--

-MIKE-

On 2/14/2013 11:48 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Looks great! No come to my house and so it again, on both sides of my office window and over the window. Oh and I want that rolling ladder too for the 42" above the window. ;~)
On 2/14/13 12:15 PM, Leon wrote:

Thanks.... I always wanted to build one of those ladders. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:48:05 AM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

Looks great.
Sonny
On 2/14/13 12:35 PM, Sonny wrote:

'preciate it. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 2/14/2013 12:48 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I like it. Looks like it is about full. Time to start another one.
--
 GW Ross

 If wishes were horses, dogfood would
On 2/14/13 12:42 PM, G.W.Ross wrote:

Just like a workshop, huh?
--

-MIKE-

On 2/14/2013 11:48 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Beautiful job, Mike ... AAMOF, as good as it gets, Bubba.
With work like that, you can do my built-ins anytime!!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 2/14/13 2:07 PM, Swingman wrote:

Thanks-- always carries weight coming from you. Next time, I'll probably upgrade to the Earlex.
--

-MIKE-

Vurry noice
Perhaps consider continuing the baseboard that is along the wall around the front and side of the unit. This is the typical approach for built-ins to make them look more integrated.
You can see I did it here (kinda hard to see how it ties in.)
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/images/stories/custom/gallery/built1.jpg I didn't use a toe kick and I think it would look better had I done so as you did.

First of all, excellent style and execution on yours!
Secondly, continuing the baseboard was in the plans-- already painted and cut. But when I placed a piece down, against the base of the cases, I liked the looks better without it.
So without influencing their opinion, I asked the clients which they liked better and they like just shoe, too. After they made their decision, we discussed how things like crown and baseboard were traditionally extended, as you explained, but I was never one to stick with tradition for tradition's sake. We all agreed we liked the crown, but not the baseboard. Of course, I would've gone with their choice, either way.
If I were to think about it another couple minutes, I might've done a rectangular shoe around the case base.
--

-MIKE-

The customer is always right and I am sure they are super happy with your f ine work.
Thx for the compliment. I did punt on the shelves. Right now they are just cut from particle board covered with like shrink wrapped laminate of a whit ewashed looking oak pattern. They had the stock at home depot or lowes in 8 ft and my shop was in transition so it was a quick solution. I'll make real shelves at some point. The eliptical arch matches the arch I built into an opening through the wall to my kitchen and also added it to the fireplace surround in the same room.
Hmmm is there any other way I can hijack this thread to talk more about me?

If they aren't sagging, use them, they're already cut. A couple coats of B-I-N and the same white you used on the best and they'll be perfect.

Yeah, reeeeally! :-p
--

-MIKE-

in.)
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/images/stories/custom/gallery/built1.jpg I didn't use a toe kick and I think it would look better had I done so as you did.
Well done, as usual.
Especially like the arch bumpout and the cabinet backs ... classy.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 2/14/13 6:09 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yes, I love that beaded look. Now I know what to use on the backs of the next ones I do. :-)
--

-MIKE-

<<Very>> nice work, Mike. The designs look nice and clean as well as the finishing. Your design?
What did you use to finish the arched cabinet?
Robert

Ummm... I'm confused. The pictures of the arched bookcase were from Sonoma dude, when he hijacked my thread. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Well, that's what you get at 3 in the morning! Misfire!
Don't know how I got to the other project. Like this one, too. The all white makes cabs/cases look very clean and modern.
But like Leon mentioned, how do you get to the top shelf?
Robert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8476625407/in/photostream

The Dad is 6' tall. :-) And they are adjustable.
--

-MIKE-