PC 333VS O-ring

Anyone have the attributes of the O-ring that "secures" the dust canister? One I had just self destructed a few minutes ago.

Reply to
nospambob

Not off hand, but any gasket supply house (and probably most good hardware stores) can supply one the same size. Simply mic the diameter and measure the OD of the exhaust ring where it fits. I replaced a couple but no longer recall the dimensions, sorry.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

any decent industrial supplier will have the material in rolls ..cut it to suit and join the ends with crazyglue.. much cheaper than any other alternative.

Reply to
Krunchy

You can also buy o-ring material on spools, with glue to fuse it together where you need it. McMaster Carr maybe?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Mine has two o-rings "securing" the dust canister. The material is ~ .07" thick and the ring is ~1.85" diameter.

You should be able to measure the diameter of the material on what's left of your o-ring (or the depth of the groove + ~25%) and then measure the diameter of the cannister mount (at the bottom of the groove) to determine the size you need.

JeffB

nospambob wrote:

Reply to
JeffB

When mine did that, I wrapped the tube in duct tape and shoved it back on. Worked so well (better than originally) that I left it like that. (No, I didn't tape the cannister to the tube).

I just recently went out and bought the PC vacuum hose

works so well I haven't even thought about putting the cannister back on. A downdraft table even isn't a priority anymore!

Regards,

-Steve in Banks, OR

Stephen Bigelow