o-ring seals

I bought a new bottle trap for under the sink, there is the tiniest of leaks, maybe about a couple tablespoons overnight, its coming from the bottom part (the trap) that screws on to the top part, I have tried tightening a bit more but still drips. Any ideas to seal it 100%, although to be honest I cant understand why it leaks.

Likely not made properly, there is a crack or roughness where the O ring goes.
It happens that ss formulated :

A smear of plumbermait on the threads will help seal it.
On 22/08/2019 22:28, ss wrote:

Lube the O ring with some silicone grease. If that does not fix it, then Fernox LS-X
--
Cheers,

John.
ss wrote:

<https://screwfix.com/p/fernox-ls-x/23614
Andy Burns wrote:

Try using Vaseline on the o ring.
Is it plastic onto metal? If so then some kind of deformation probably. Brian
--
----- --
On 23/08/2019 07:53, Brian Gaff wrote:

No plastic to plastic

Some defect in the plastic seems likely, either a void or sprue which might just be removable.
--

Roger Hayter

Take it apart and check that the rubber seal is seated properly. I spent quite a while recently swearing at and tightening a new one until I took it apart and found the rubber ring was awry.
--
Chris Green
·

On 23/08/2019 09:10, Chris Green wrote:

Almost certainly the cause IMHO. On old, dodgy screw up ones I tend to use the sealers in a squeezy bottle from Screwfix, etc. If it is a push-fit then the easiest fix is a few turns of white pvc electrical tape, applied under tension so that it stretches to fit tightly without creases. Done well, it doesn't look too much like a bodge.
On 23/08/2019 12:53, newshound wrote:

I took it apart, couldnt see any issues, lightly smeared with some grease, back together and now watertight.
On 23/08/2019 12:59, ss wrote:

sometimes te o-ring ends up slightly in the wrong place. Grease helps it be where in needs to be

It is one of those places where the thread does act (not very well) as part of the seal. You do need something on the thread.