Roof question

As part of an extension I need to construct a pitched roof quite close to a window (the ridge plate is parallel to the window wall) so plan to have a flat section outside the window to minimise the light loss - what's the name for a "cutaway" around a window? (my googlefoo has not worked)
well don't say thanks then .....tee hee
On 23/08/2019 04:10, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

No idea, but would it not be better to dormer the window through the new roof somehow?
--
Adam

On 25/08/2019 10:50, ARW wrote:

An interesting idea but I'm trying to keep to the original 30s build style, hoping that in a few years it will look as if it was part of the original construction - a dormer would not look right. Since asking the question I've managed to re-design the roof to get around the problem (and without ever finding-out what the cutaway is called).
On 25/08/2019 13:05, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

Maybe it does not have a name.
--
Adam

On 23/08/2019 04:10, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

I see what you mean now...I think....It's called an inverted dormer......without a window ....