Paint-grade corners

...I've done stain-grade mitered corners before, with solid wood, of course...heh. I am now involved with a mantle/hearth project that is going to be coated with a composit varnish (white) that I've used before on smaller solid wood items (properly applied, it'll help small imperfections to disappear. Any advice on material for this endeavor? I'm thinking paint-grade ply, moldings and bondo...has anyone tried MDF or related materials?...thoughts?

Charlie Groh

Reply to
Charlie Groh

...thanks for the input...interesting 'bout the bondo, around here (SoCal) it's prevelant amongst the paint people and, come to think of it, close to water (ocean-type) I've seen gaps where MDF crown has been bondoed and laquered (when I come back for something unrelated, after, say, 3 or 4 months...generally I do doors and odd projects)...I just thought it was the POS MDF molding...didn't think of the difference 'tween the two materials. cg

imperfections

Reply to
Charlie Groh