Outfeed table for saw?

I wish I had the space to do this:

?profile=scrapbook&UID=10004 -- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

What is the best way and what size is best for an outfeed table on a table saw? I have a Unisaw. I just don't know if I should build a seperate table (what size?) or if I should build an outfeed attached to the table saw. What is everyone doing for this? Room is not really a problem for me since I am working in a 40' X 40' size building but its no use having it too big for nothing..........right? Regards. -Guy

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle

My shop is small so I have the Delta outfeed table that folds down when I am not using it. If I had the room that you have I would make two idential tables on casters to be used as portable infeed, outfeed, and assembly tables. I would make them about 3' x 5' so that each could support sheet goods. The tables are also great for moving multiple parts to the next milling stage.

Good Luck - Bob McBreen - Yarrow Point, WA

Reply to
RWM

There are a few good pictures on the web (sorry I did not save them). But most look like a shelf supported by triangles secured to the tablesaw cabinet. Some are drop down with hinges, but that would complicate the contruction. I use portable saw horses and a Record adjustable roller. If I have a 4x8 sheet (or something else that's big and clumsy), I ask SWMBO to help me.

Reply to
Phisherman

You'll need to figure out size that works for you. However, I would strongly recommend that you not buy the Delta outfeed table. Take a look in the google archives, I posted a review last summer (around June

- August) timeframe detailing the issues I had with the one I purchased. I wound up building my own annex next to the delta unit.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

must never use it. Way too clean. No half-finished projects laying about.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
Dennis Vogel

I did the folding outfeed table. It is never folded down. I'm going to change to a fixed island with the shaper and tablesaw catty cornered from each other with infill table surface to square it out. You need about 50" behind the blade to be able to rip an 8' sheet and not have it tip off the back.

Reply to
My Old Tools

> He must never use it. Way too clean. No

I don't think so. He built this:

this:
answer is here: "Each night before I leave, the shop gets cleaned."
I admire Tom's work. I'd like to think software I've written approaches his craftsmanship with wood.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Mine is 80" wide and 63" deep with a notch in the corner for the saw. It's not too small and I've yet to say, "Damn, I wish I would have made it 6"/12"/18" bigger".

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Do you have pictures of this setup? I'd like to see it. Regards. -Guy

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle

A'yup, I do. I'll pop a one or two up onto abpf.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

What is the carrier deck made of Keith? Oh, and a certain rowtah tableau is conspicuous by its absence, these must be old pics.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

Build it - will be a LOT less expensive than buying one

Would suggest it be as wide as the table top, and at least 4ft long. Route out recesses for the miter bar slots

You can find adjustable legs in most of the woodworking catalogs

You could even formica the top to get you a tough, wear resist and smooth surface for the wood to slide over

Nexttime I will built my outfeed to be the full length of the table and rails, and have it extend 4ft from the table. Only reason I have the Delta outfeed table is that it came as part of the package deal with the saw. Having looked it over before I installed it, I would built one myself next time

John

Reply to
John Crea

Guy,

I've posted a front and back shot of the table after it was complete on alt.binaries.pictures.furniture. The subject line is "Unisaw Outfeed Table" and tucked kinda neatly between "Britney Spears NUDE!!!" and "Christina Agulara NUDE!!!".

I have some more shots and a write up on how the whole thing was done that I had sent to Pat Barber over the course of a few e-mails. I'd be more than happy to post the "as builts" along with the narrative but lest I seem to be looking like a David Eisen wannabe (:-)) I will await your request that I do so.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I have a 4' x 8' outfeed table that serves double duty as an assembly table. works good. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

What is "abpf" and how do I get there? Regards. -Guy

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle

I built a 4 ft deep by 6'6" wide separate table, with slots for miter gauges and sleds. I will soon build a second table to add 2 ft to the right side of the saw and outfeed table. My table weighs over 200 pounds, not including the tools stored on the shelf below it. There is no need to attach it to the saw.

When I'm not cutting, the saw plus the table makes a great assembly area. Mine is covered with white melamine, which glue will not stick to.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

It is another newsgroup. alt.binaries.pictures.furniture

Reply to
RWM

alt.binaries.pictures.furniture

Download it the same way you did for rec.woodworking from your ISP.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Gray (grey David) laminate. It was either a Formica or a Laminart product.

April '02 to be exact. Today's landscape has you seeing the jointer, Gumby the Powermagic 14" band sar (the model not made by children in an oppressive turd world country I might add) and the soon to be unveiled An Ultimate Router Table when you are standing in front (operator's side) of El Guapo.

Oh, and I did a little work on the Wall of Starrett which is situated right to the left of the shoppe phone. It's nothing to write home to Mom about, just got the combo's hung up.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100