Outfeed table for saw?

Page 1 of 2
What is the best way and what size is best for an outfeed table on a table saw? I have a Unisaw. I just don't know if I should build a seperate table (what size?) or if I should build an outfeed attached to the table saw. What is everyone doing for this? Room is not really a problem for me since I am working in a 40' X 40' size building but its no use having it too big for nothing..........right? Regards. -Guy
Guy LaRochelle wrote:

I wish I had the space to do this: http://plamann.com/sys-tmpl/scrapbook/view.nhtml?profile=scrapbook&UID 002 http://plamann.com/sys-tmpl/scrapbook/view.nhtml?profile=scrapbook&UID 004
-- Mark

He must never use it. Way too clean. No half-finished projects laying about.
Dennis Vogel
Dennis Vogel wrote:

I don't think so. <g> He built this: http://plamann.com/sys-tmpl/door / and this: http://plamann.com/sys-tmpl/airplanecabinets/view.nhtml?profile=airplanecabinets&UID 008
The answer is here: "Each night before I leave, the shop gets cleaned." http://plamann.com/sys-tmpl/scrapbook/view.nhtml?profile=scrapbook&UID 006
Yes, I admire Tom's work. I'd like to think software I've written approaches his craftsmanship with wood.
-- Mark
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:32:18 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

I built a 4 ft deep by 6'6" wide separate table, with slots for miter gauges and sleds. I will soon build a second table to add 2 ft to the right side of the saw and outfeed table. My table weighs over 200 pounds, not including the tools stored on the shelf below it. There is no need to attach it to the saw.
When I'm not cutting, the saw plus the table makes a great assembly area. Mine is covered with white melamine, which glue will not stick to.
Barry
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:21:33 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .

i built my extention table from 6/4 white oak and covered it with corian. im planing one day to make the rear table the same way but i need more room first. skeez

not using it. If I had the room that you have I would make two idential tables on casters to be used as portable infeed, outfeed, and assembly tables. I would make them about 3' x 5' so that each could support sheet goods. The tables are also great for moving multiple parts to the next milling stage.
Good Luck - Bob McBreen - Yarrow Point, WA
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:33:17 -0600, "Guy LaRochelle"

There are a few good pictures on the web (sorry I did not save them). But most look like a shelf supported by triangles secured to the tablesaw cabinet. Some are drop down with hinges, but that would complicate the contruction. I use portable saw horses and a Record adjustable roller. If I have a 4x8 sheet (or something else that's big and clumsy), I ask SWMBO to help me.

You'll need to figure out size that works for you. However, I would strongly recommend that you not buy the Delta outfeed table. Take a look in the google archives, I posted a review last summer (around June - August) timeframe detailing the issues I had with the one I purchased. I wound up building my own annex next to the delta unit.
I did the folding outfeed table. It is never folded down. I'm going to change to a fixed island with the shaper and tablesaw catty cornered from each other with infill table surface to square it out. You need about 50" behind the blade to be able to rip an 8' sheet and not have it tip off the back.
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com

Guy LaRochelle wrote:

A'yup, I do. I'll pop a one or two up onto abpf.
UA100
What is the carrier deck made of Keith? Oh, and a certain rowtah tableau is conspicuous by its absence, these must be old pics.
Greg

Groggy wrote:

Gray (grey David) laminate. It was either a Formica or a Laminart product.

April '02 to be exact. Today's landscape has you seeing the jointer, Gumby the Powermagic 14" band sar (the model not made by children in an oppressive turd world country I might add) and the soon to be unveiled An Ultimate Router Table when you are standing in front (operator's side) of El Guapo.
Oh, and I did a little work on the Wall of Starrett which is situated right to the left of the shoppe phone. It's nothing to write home to Mom about, just got the combo's hung up.
UA100
I await photos with licentious and vicarious avidity.
pedagogically yours,
Greg

Guy,
I've posted a front and back shot of the table after it was complete on alt.binaries.pictures.furniture. The subject line is "Unisaw Outfeed Table" and tucked kinda neatly between "Britney Spears NUDE!!!" and "Christina Agulara NUDE!!!".
I have some more shots and a write up on how the whole thing was done that I had sent to Pat Barber over the course of a few e-mails. I'd be more than happy to post the "as builts" along with the narrative but lest I seem to be looking like a David Eisen wannabe (:-)) I will await your request that I do so.
UA100
What is "abpf" and how do I get there? Regards. -Guy

It is another newsgroup. alt.binaries.pictures.furniture

Guy LaRochelle wrote:

alt.binaries.pictures.furniture
Download it the same way you did for rec.woodworking from your ISP.
UA100