Sawhorse Outfeed Table

I've been using this for quite some time, and it's working quite well. It takes only a short time to build, and while it requires some futzing every now and again, does its job well.

The sawhorse outfeed table is a sawhorse topped with a couple of 2x4s. The raise the top 2x4 to the appropriate height, short 2x4s were nailed between the top and bottom. It's like a really small wall.

On top of the wall are some 1x runners that support a piece of hardboard. The hardboard just rests on the fence rail and the 1x runners. Friction keeps the hardboard in place but makes it easy to move.

It took about an hour to build 2 and attach them to sawhorses. The sawhorses are still usable as sawhorses, they're just ~10" taller than they were.

No references were consulted in creating this work. If you thought of the idea before I did, congratulations!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Hmm,

Good plan. I have been looking at building some "adjustable" sawhorses. The adjustable part would be a small plank with two slots down the height that I attach two threaded knobs. These whould then screw into a threaded insert on top of the saw. The panel would bear a roller bar of some sort.

Hope that was clear.

MJ

Reply to
MJ

On 29 Jul 2010 21:47:06 GMT, Puckdropper wrote the following:

You might not be the first, Pucky.

54,900 references.

I built a pair of 40-inchers for door painting and use them often. I also found a pair of plastic foldables for $20 and popped tubafores on top. I take those to jobsites.

What I really need to build are some saw ponies.

?p=780 I need short guys too often.

-- It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed. -- Kin Hubbard

Reply to
Larry Jaques