OT: You guys make it hard to follow this group

Good thing they don't racially profile, huh?

Reply to
krw

OK, so maybe it was a lot longer than three weeks. The problem exacerbates over time. I'm away for two weeks, come back and it's 1200 unread messages. "GEEZ, I don't have time to read all that now!" Get pulled away for another week, and so on. All I know is by the time I finally decided to tackle the monster there were over 2700 unread messages.

The threads that are clearly marked as you describe aren't the problem. It's when an on-topic thread strays off-topic in 27 different places, yet there are still on-topic branches here and there that are worth reading if you can find them.

Clearly, you spent just a little too much time trying to track down my posting habits so you could feel justified in bitching at my bitching, but you're more than just a little off base my friend. Those posts are a side-effect of my popping in here only a few times over the span of several weeks and being completely overwhelmed by the unread traffic, and my replies (as I recollect) were mostly to "pals" of mine in light-hearted context, to a few of the most-recent threads that I actually stumbled upon and had the time say a little something about before giving up and living the rest of my life. If all the participants in this group only averaged 9 off-topic replies over the span of three weeks or a month, then I don't think there would by ANY problem keeping up with the traffic, do you? Most "offenders" in the group can average more than 9 off-topic posts within the span of about an hour.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Of course they don't and they have to be educated. While the four of us (above) were standing against the wall like uppity school children, one of the TSA Agentettes was prowling through the Hispanic guy's computer. I guess she was looking for bomb-making recipes...

Anyway, I said to him (soto voce): "You know, you look more like a terrorist than the rest of us, so ix-nay on any funny business!"

The agentette looked up and said, quite indignantly I might add, "There's no such thing as what a terrorist looks like!"

"There damn sure is," I replied. "They're middle-eastern males with names like Achmed el-Boom-Boom. Didn't you get the memo?"

That earned me another talking-to.

Reply to
HeyBub

I hear ya, but every so often ya just gotta markem all read and start over. Ya ain't going to miss anythiong earth shattering that hasn't already been discuss, and if by chance you do, you'll shirley pick it up in the new replies don't pet the sweaty stuff and don't sweat the petty stuff jmo

Reply to
ChairMan