This should make you laugh

Hi Gang,

Knowing you lot in here, you'll all find this funny but, I could have died through sheer embarrassment at what happened to me today. It all started when I was called out to an office which has, how do you say, rather lovely looking women wondering around. This doesn't get to me really, because I am a professional (grin), but this particular place has more than its fair share of attractive lovelies and I hate (love) going there because of the distractions. Anyway. I sat crossed legged on the floor of the office, in between a desk and the box on the wall where I was carrying out the repair. After a few minutes into the job, I was asked if I would like a cup of coffee. "Yes Please" says I, with a big foolish grin trying to look as handsome as possible (I know, I'm a real show off), and I was promptly issued with a rather large mug of the steaming brew. Being a bit to engrossed to accept it straight away, I asked for it to placed on the corner of the desk beside where I was. Fair enough.

Well. The job carried on for a few more minutes and the coffee mug stood growing cold on the corner of the desk above my head where it had been placed. In their pure concern, the lovelies, sorry, ladies, tell me to take a break and have drink before the coffee got too cold and would be wasted. I dutifully responded with a bright "OK"and then tried to stand up from where I'd been sitting crossed legged on the floor. Totally unknown to me, the office chair, you know the type with the little castor wheels on them, had been pushed along just a tad by the young lady who'd brought the coffee and one of the wheels had rolled over my boot lace and had actually fixed itself tight into the loop of the bow which formed the fastening. Well. As I said earlier, I tried to stand up, "Tried" being the operative word here, but the weight of the chair was now holding my left foot firmly in the crossed legged position. My right leg, given its due, quickly compensated for this unexpected minor loss of balance and held firm beneath me to prevent a disaster. As you can imagine, this situation took me slightly by surprise, so, I pull my left leg a bit harder in an attempt to free it from its unwelcome captor. I am now in complete panic as my left foot moves rather easier than was expected by the leg muscles and I tug the chair around with such velocity, that I knock my right leg away from where it had taken hold after its compensation from the earlier loss of balance.

Now due to the shock of being hit by the chair, my right leg is heaved into the air and I am now in the position of being on one leg which has been, literally, pinned to the floor by the office chair, and the other leg has been involuntarily lifted into the air by the shock of being hit by the self same object. Well. With arms now flailing wildly trying to keep my head up. The chair now rolling at an ever increasing speed, being pulled by the loop of my left boot lace. You can imagine the expression of panic on my face as I completely lose my battle with gravity and begin my uncontrolled descent back toward the floor. I bet you may be able to guess what happens next. Yes ? That's correct. Between me and the floor, to which I am now rapidly approaching, is the desk with the rather large mug of hot coffee, remember it, sitting quietly on the corner. CRASH !!! BANG !!!! WALLOP !!! I'm now lying under the desk and am covered with papers and hot coffee, with thee hottest red face I think I've ever had, in my life on this earth.

This mishap took place in only a few seconds, but the memory of it will last for eternity. I began the day with the thought of being in the presence of some unrivalled beauty and ended it with wet clothes and a badly bruised ego. Who said life was easy ? :-(

Reply to
BigWallop
*ROFLMAO*
Reply to
Al Reynolds

You were just attention seeking as usual ;-) ..... were they able to nurse you back to health or did they just laugh?

Reply to
Simon

Ah, yes. That one. I have more than once tried to rise from such chairs only to discover the intimate attachment between a wheel and my lace.

BTW how do you know the lovelies hadn't nudged the chair over your lace deliberately in order to elicit the situation? Never discount the conspiracy theory, they are fun.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Thanks for that, mate. It makes my day repairing the bathroom floor much more bearable :o))

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

So... did you score then? David

Reply to
David

That's why you're called that, then!

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , BigWallop writes

I bet you made their day

Reply to
geoff

Far safer to work with swamp-donkeys then?

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

I tell Ya' There aren't any in that office, that I've seen. They all seem to keep themselves well trim and tidy. I know two of them are reaching their fifties and they'd still pass as youngsters. It's a subsiduary office of a very large finance group, whom I shall leave nameless because, I know what you lot are like, and they have a gymnasium and things in the building, that I think all of them use.

And here was me thinking I'd made a great impression with my quick diagnosis and speedy temporary repair to keep them working and making money until I could strip the offending box and redo the stuff that had been bodged by another installer. Then I mess up by going head over heels and clearing half the items off a desk, and push / pull an office chair all over the floor with my tackety boots.

They said the best part was when I uttered the immortal phrase "OOPS !!!" after I'd come to rest flat on my back between the desk and the wall with the chair lying across my legs.

Great Fun was had by all !!!! :-)) ROFLMAO

Reply to
BigWallop