removing carpet

All, I am laminating the flat soon, but it appears that the carpet was stuck down when fitted (when the place was built about 3 years ago). I have 'peeled' some bits up in the past so allow cable to be posted underneath, but I'm unsure how I will get on taking the whole carpet up without too much of a mess. Any suggestions - should I just yank it, or is there a solvent spray (or similar) that I could consider using to loosen the glue ??

Reply to
NC

Mindwipe