OT: You guys make it hard to follow this group

Gone for 24 hours; come back, 114 unread posts. I kill the two noisy O/T political threads and the "What is it?" thread (which I don't read), which leaves me with SEVEN unread posts, and only four of those have anything to do with woodworking.

Bravo...

(And yes, I "get" the irony of making an O/T post to bitch about O/T posts, but that is a seriously sorry signal-to-noise ratio.)

Reply to
Steve Turner

So, tell us about what you're doing.

Reply to
krw

Not much of anything right now because I'm recovering from hemorrhoid surgery. The most painful thing I've ever been through in my life... This is truly one of those times that I feel like I can say without any pomposity or arrogance that yes, the whole world DOES revolve around my asshole. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

I can't believe you posted that on a newsgroup. BTW, I told you to brush that oak dust off your stool before sitting down. See what you get?

At least you didn't tell us all about the herpes. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

It's because we're multi-dimensional; we can think about and do more than one thing at a time.

For instance, what do you think about while hand-sawing a plank?

Me? I think of breasts, but your dreams may vary.

Reply to
HeyBub

Ohh, that does sound like a real PITA! Get well fast and then tell us about what sorts of sawdust you're making.

Reply to
krw

That is what I do not understand about the "Breast Awareness Week" that happens in the US at least once a year. Since a man starts thinking about breast at the age of 1 week and continues until he dies, what is the purpose of it?

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Thanks, and believe me, I can't WAIT to get back to a normal routine again. I shall also endeavor to share my experiences with sawdust, in the event that I create any sawdust worth talking about! :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

Just be happy that it happened in the US in the 21st century. One of the major reasons that the Russians didn't get to the Moon was that Sergie Korolev, their equivalent of von Braun, did not survive hemorrhoid surgery and died before the rocket was ready.

Reply to
J. Clarke

But as long as they're holding it, I'll go along.

Reply to
krw

I'll do everything I can to support them.

Reply to
krw

Now, that's an accident waiting to happen.

Reply to
Just Wondering

I'm with you. I think there is plenty to think about in sawing a plank, and to suggest otherwise is a detriment to the craft. I admit I may belong to the group of those who are occasionally humor-impaired.

Reply to
Bill

Bumper sticker:

When you've seen a breast You want to see the rest

Reply to
HeyBub

And if you reach out and show a pretty lady you are aware of her breasts, you can get in to lots of trouble! 8>)

Reply to
Kenefick

It's the same with most of Usenet these days. After following it for 15 years I doubt I'll be looking at it at all in a year.

Reply to
tom

Saw a Japanese public service announcement featuring several instances of men not-so-covertly ogling women's breasts - on the subway, in an elevator, passing on the street, etc.

Then came the message: "If women paid as much attention to their breasts as do men, we could defeat breast cancer!"

Reply to
HeyBub

Wow, you can get the most informative stuff here. Now to weave that fact into a conversation at a party or at the bar. . . .

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:16:28 -0400, Keith Nuttle

That's the week you're made to think about them a little differently than normal and possibly come up with a little cash to donate.

Reply to
Dave