OT: You guys make it hard to follow this group

Page 1 of 3
Gone for 24 hours; come back, 114 unread posts. I kill the two noisy O/T political threads and the "What is it?" thread (which I don't read), which leaves me with SEVEN unread posts, and only four of those have anything to do with woodworking.
Bravo...
(And yes, I "get" the irony of making an O/T post to bitch about O/T posts, but that is a seriously sorry signal-to-noise ratio.)
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:43:33 -0500, Steve Turner

So, tell us about what you're doing.
On 8/23/2012 10:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Not much of anything right now because I'm recovering from hemorrhoid surgery. The most painful thing I've ever been through in my life... This is truly one of those times that I feel like I can say without any pomposity or arrogance that yes, the whole world DOES revolve around my asshole. :-)
On 8/23/12 11:42 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

I can't believe you posted that on a newsgroup. BTW, I told you to brush that oak dust off your stool before sitting down. See what you get?
At least you didn't tell us all about the herpes. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 23:42:04 -0500, Steve Turner

Ohh, that does sound like a real PITA! Get well fast and then tell us about what sorts of sawdust you're making.
On 8/24/2012 8:13 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Thanks, and believe me, I can't WAIT to get back to a normal routine again. I shall also endeavor to share my experiences with sawdust, in the event that I create any sawdust worth talking about! :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Just be happy that it happened in the US in the 21st century. One of the major reasons that the Russians didn't get to the Moon was that Sergie Korolev, their equivalent of von Braun, did not survive hemorrhoid surgery and died before the rocket was ready.
On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:58:35 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Wow, you can get the most informative stuff here. Now to weave that fact into a conversation at a party or at the bar. . . .
On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 23:19:30 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

I'd reply, but I'm too busy laughing.
Mike Marlow wrote:

34B?
Not interested.
On 8/25/2012 8:19 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Bullshit ... odds are you could NOT resist a peek, given the chance, than the statue of liberty pissing in the Pacific. ;)
Besides, depends ... superstructure in pleasing proportion to the size of foundation.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Right. Petite women (my favorite) can be pretty stacked at 34B. Besides, Confucius say "More than mouthful wasted." I can't stand 46PP breasts, myself.
-- "Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message wrote:

Right. Petite women (my favorite) =============================================================================Same here. I went to high school in Japan. Talk about a kid in a candy store.
CW wrote:

I saw a gal at Walmart. She must have been all of 4'10".
She was wearing a T-shirt with the legend "I'm not short, I'm 'fun' sized."
"HeyBub" wrote in message
CW wrote:

I saw a gal at Walmart. She must have been all of 4'10".
She was wearing a T-shirt with the legend "I'm not short, I'm 'fun' sized." ============================================================================== I showed that one to my wife. She thought that was pretty good. She is 4' 11".
CW wrote:

Get her the shirt.
I like short girls. Makes me feel taller (and less inhibited).
While standing in line at the Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix not long ago, a VERY short TSA Agentette reached up and tapped me on the shoulder. She asked: "Excuse me sir, can I get you to do me a big favor?"
I looked down. I slowly shook my head. I said: "I'm sorry, I can't. I'm married."
(The TSA picked four of us passengers for additional RANDOM screening. They selected me, a senior white male, they also selected a senior black male, a young oriental woman, and a young Hispanic chap with a goatee.)

Good thing they don't racially profile, huh?

Of course they don't and they have to be educated. While the four of us (above) were standing against the wall like uppity school children, one of the TSA Agentettes was prowling through the Hispanic guy's computer. I guess she was looking for bomb-making recipes...
Anyway, I said to him (soto voce): "You know, you look more like a terrorist than the rest of us, so ix-nay on any funny business!"
The agentette looked up and said, quite indignantly I might add, "There's no such thing as what a terrorist looks like!"
"There damn sure is," I replied. "They're middle-eastern males with names like Achmed el-Boom-Boom. Didn't you get the memo?"
That earned me another talking-to.
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Mike Marlow wrote:

34B?
On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 23:19:30 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Crap! Have you been studying Usenet posting at HeyBub college?