OT: Yes We Can

Page 2 of 3

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
What part of "OT" in the subject line did you not understand? What, exactly, about the subject line led you to believe that the post was woodworking-related? Whose fault is it that you opened and read a post that was clearly marked as off topic?
--
Regards,

Not to mention all the spam that shows up in this forum. Which I find much more objectionable than a few off topic posts.
But since I am a rough, tough, macho internet denizen, i can cope. I can deal with it.
<G>

I just grin and bear it. I sweep the pile of useless electrons off the floor every day then recycle them by posting silly shit. As far as being a touch, macho internut is concerned, let's just say my keyboard is all stainless steel, I operate it with a hammer and my monitor is made out of bullet-proof glass. My chair, of course, has a 5 point harness. I wear a helmet and wear a bib.
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 06:59:28 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

What no Nomex?
Mark

What? No drool bucket?
Dave in Houston
Dave in Houston wrote:

That's what the bib is for. [Which, by the way, was too much information]

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 06:59:28 -0800, Robatoy wrote:

I knew it! I knew it!
:-)
Robatoy wrote:

> harness. I wear a helmet and wear a bib.
Ya must be a lumberjack.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=clPYfaTvHT0

The vast majority of the spam disappears when you filter out any post which originated at googlegroups.com .
--
Regards,

Indeed.
http://improve-usenet.org /
Doug Miller wrote:

googlegroups and ".gmail.com". I had all "gmail.com" filtered until I realized Charlie Self posts through "gmail".
Doug, do you know of a way to block all "gmail.com" posts except Charlie's using a "NewsProxy" filter?
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

So just filter anything coming from Google Groups, without regard to the From: address, and allow what few posts may remain, having a gmail address, to come through. (See second example below.)

Certainly. There are two ways to go about it.
First, exactly what you asked for: * score:+100 from:@gmail.com * score:-100 from: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com * drop score:100
Second, easier and nearly as effective: * drop message-id:google
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Thanks Doug.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
"Charlie Self" wrote:

Your ISP provides the list of newsgroups, at least Earthlink.net does.
After that, either OE6 or ThunderBird will work.
Lew
Lee Michaels wrote:

Yes we can! :-)

Just curious why he singled me out. It's not like I was the OP for this OT thread. Maybe mine was the last entry he had read to him and it stepped on his last nerve?

How can Armitage 'admit' to something Wilson allegedly did?

What other purpose could there possibly be?

Novak says he had two (2) sources. Who was the other?

I can believe that.

Why was the information passed to Armitage, 'a notorious gossip'?

Novak says he had more than one source.

Evidently, it was the shadow government, presided over by Cheney, that leaked the information to Armitage, eh?
--
FF

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

Oh please Fred, you know what I meant. As far as Wilson having revealed her name, there are numerous sources that indicate in years prior to this silly hoopla the he mentioned his wife worked for the CIA.

Oh, let's try this. A pretty-much unknown guy by the name of Joe Wilson gets sent to Niger to "investigate" the sale of yellow-cake uranium to Iraq, comes back and says, nope, no yellow cake sales in Niger. Now, aside from the fact that his investigation was as thorough as the old skit, "nope, no vikings here, we're just simple farmers, the huts were on fire and cows wandering the streets when we got here", he had an agenda and used this trip to promote it. When he was asked who sent him, he made the statement that he was sent directly at the behest of Dick Cheney. Cheney's office indicates they had nothing to do with sending him. Don't you think that a comment saying, well, his wife is an employee of the CIA in the same division that would investigate this kind of thing and it appears that *she* recommended him for this trip might be just a tiny bit relevant to the overall story here?

Love your debating technique Fred. You get shown where you're wrong and throw out another, "well, what about ...?". I'm not playing that game.

I don't know Fred, why don't you ask the people in the State Department and CIA who hate the Bush administration and have been overtly and covertly undermining the administration for the past 7 years? Why are you so offended by this so-called security violation that wasn't while not addressing my original question regarding why it was seemingly OK to leak little things like the fact we were monitoring Al Quaeda satellite phone conversations in Afghanistan or tracking money through international banks? Little things that *really* caused the loss of serious national security secrets and most likely have contributed to real soldiers' deaths, yet the Valerie Plame "case" was worthy of an inquisition?

What the @#$% difference does that make?

Must be true then....Mark, Mark, Mark......
Robatoy wrote:

That and they had the documentation to back it up. Look, I know you don't like the current administration, but in this case, one should logically ask the question why the office of the VP would even think of sending someone like Wilson on that kind of junket. You've got to give them a little bit of credit that they would at least send someone who both had the credentials and was supportive of the administration.