bumps on tomato stems

Hi,

First time gardener here. I've got some weird bumps showing up on the stems of my tomato plants. The clearest picture of them is this one:

fairly clear here:

what are these, and should I be worried about them?

I've also got a ton of flea-looking bugs hanging out under the leaves that I'm told are aphids. It has been suggested that I use Ortho Bug-B-Gone or Wettable Sevin to get rid of them. A spider built a web inside my biggest plant and he appears to catch a lot of them so I'll let him live there. The clearest picture of the bugs are here:

are not very clear because they are too small for my camera to zoom in on them.

Confirmation that the bugs are aphids and that using either of those products to get rid of them would also be appreciated.

There are a few other pictures of the bugs and bumps in this directory:

a lot for any help!

TS

Reply to
S. S. Tsay

The bumps are where roots would be forming if that spot was touching the ground. The bugs are probably aphids. I can't be sure from the pictures. Aphids are easy to kill. Use the mildest thing you have. Even soap and water can kill them most of the time.

Steve

S. S. Tsay wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Yeah, the bumps are root nodes, the bugs look too big to be aphids, with aphids you can wash them off with a spray of water from a hose and they don't seem to return.

Also, ladybugs like to eat them. But your spider many eat the ladybugs.

'enry VIII

Reply to
Glenda