OT: Yes We Can

Must be true then....Mark, Mark, Mark......

Reply to
Robatoy

That and they had the documentation to back it up. Look, I know you don't like the current administration, but in this case, one should logically ask the question why the office of the VP would even think of sending someone like Wilson on that kind of junket. You've got to give them a little bit of credit that they would at least send someone who both had the credentials and was supportive of the administration.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I thought it WAS his area of expertise, that Wilson had considerable experience in that area of intelligence or at least that his connections were in that part of the world. And, who can account for Cheney's motives anyway? They were turning over every rock they could trying to find SOMETHING to support their rush to war.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
NuWave Dave

He was a former ambassador to Niger. His wife was a WMD analyst at the CIA.

Good chronology:

Which reinforces the question why they would send a third tier player like Wilson to gather this kind of information.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Just like you knew exactly what I was asking and so changed the subject.

How many of those sources testified under oath?

Even if it is true, do you see the difference between telling a friend or family member and publishing the information in the NYT?

What evidence is there that he 'had an agenda'?

Which is exactly true.

If they did, they lied. I wasn't aware that it was ever disputed.

Since she didn't reccomend him, no.

Perhaps you never read Novak's op ed piece.

!) He never suggested or implied that Wilson was unqualified or had an agenda.

2) The statement that his wife worded for the CIA was a sentence by itself that was not even apparently relevent to the rest of the article.

3) Nova could just as well have identified her employer as her cover instead of the CIA. That would not have compromised herself or the other agents.

Again, why would Armitage need to know that Plame w orked for the CIA? What was the reason fo giving him that information in the first place? Why did Cheney's people circulate that information among people who had no need to know?

IOW, you don't want to address the issue.

That's rich. The DOD and VP spent the first four years of the administration marginalizing and undermining the State Department. Unless of course you thing it is proper for the Secretary of Defense and VP to set foreign policy without so much as consultation with the Secretary of State and the National Security Advisor.

It, like the Linda Tripp persecution was a direct attack on a rank and file person in the national security apparatus of our country. These people deserve respect and protection. It is a gross abuse to use them as political pawns. The two jerks who released Tripp's records instead of passing the request to the FOIA officer should have done time. Same for Berger and Libby.

Those are not OK and are indeed a serious matter.

See above.

In the Congressional hearings a chart was produced that showed how the information regarding Plame's identity was circulated through the administration. There were two primary sources at the top of the chart who were responsible for every one else (pretty much none of whom had a need to know) knowing it. One of those was LIbby. The other was never identified. Rove was not on the chart.

There was a conspiracy to circulate information so that it would leak out.

The motivation was revenge against Wilson. They attacked his wife, in order to get at him, and didn't consider the danger to other agents in the field to be as important.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com...

He had considerable experience in that part of the world. I don't know about his expertise in proliferation issues, but the question being investigated was not technological.

I had always read that Wilson was sent in response to a request by Cheney to send someone to Niger. I have never before heard that Cheney denied making that request.

I'd like to know if any EVER suggested to them that the Iraq- Niger yellowcake documents were legitimate.

That seems to be unlikely.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt