OT: What are your thoughts on this?

Page 1 of 7
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid 0&pid75#pid1375
"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Forum/showthread.php?tid 0&pid75#pid1375 =====================================================================================================Generally, nothing will be done about something like that until someone gets killed. Often, it takes multiple deaths.
On 9/10/2012 5:41 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

Just more evidence of systemic scofflaw behavior in a decaying culture.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

My brother runs a school bus company and is president of his local state owners association. I suspect if I ran this across him, he'd fire the driver and then speak the police to try and figure out a solution that is safe for the kids.
The owner is subjecting himself to a LOT of liability. If you have a kid on that bus, I'd raise holy hell with the owner, even if it is the YMCA. I suspect they contract it out.
MJ
On 9/10/2012 5:41 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

A) My first thought is why is it posted on r.w?
B) My second thought is looks like a wide-enough street to me to accept the "go-'round"...
On 9/10/2012 7:41 PM, dpb wrote:

It's a 0.2 mile "go around" with a blind hill. Unacceptable.
On 9/10/2012 6:42 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote: ...

So, go some other way 'round...it's _still_ not w-working :)

And it's _still_ clearly marked as OT.
On 9/11/2012 6:54 AM, Mike Marlow wrote: ...

+1
I'll bet this has been going on at this school for quite a long time--and just guessing I'd reckon OP has just had the first few weeks of the first year at the location and is hyperventilating over a pretty-much normal school traffic situation all over the country...
On 9/11/2012 8:34 AM, dpb wrote:

-1
He no longer agrees with you after seeing the photos.
On 9/11/2012 7:41 AM, GarageWoodworks wrote: ...

I don't know who "he" is nor much care whether whoever that is agrees or not... :)
--bye, have a nice day obsessing. :)
On 9/11/12 10:39 AM, dpb wrote:

Nice trolling. If he's obsessing, then what are you doing by continuing to reply to the off topic post?
--

-MIKE-

Mike Marlow wrote:

he's on first
On 9/11/2012 6:31 PM, ChairMan wrote:

I'm on third.
On 9/11/2012 4:32 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

I don't know about that.

thats on second

No, what's on second.
On 9/11/2012 7:34 AM, dpb wrote:

Some folks never seem to grasp that elementary old axiom that two wrongs don't make a right ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 9/11/2012 7:55 AM, Swingman wrote: ...

"Right" and "practical" don't necessarily mix, either... :)
_IF_ the whoevers would prevent the pileup in front of the school by one means or another the "problem" would go away. As long as it is allowed to queue in a trafficway then it is never going to happen (and is unreasonable to expect) that thru traffic is going to wait for upwards of minutes while the line progresses.
Is that ideal? Of course not. Is it reality? Definitely and it's every bit or even more so that the wrong is being caused by the "stoppers" as opposed to the "goers".
Expecting otherwise is equivalent to expecting somebody following farmer John on his tractor for a couple of miles rather than going around when can just because there's some yellow paint on the road. It's more dangerous to cause the backup than going around when clear at a reasonable speed.
On 9/11/2012 10:37 AM, dpb wrote:

All nicely proving my point of that elementary old axiom that two wrongs don't make a right ... :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010