your thoughts on Milwaukee tools

Being from near Milwaukee I am probably biased towards them as being the best. I just don't care for how they located the forward reverse switch on the screwguns but I deal with it... From a construction point of view jobsite to jobsite I see them everywhere and they are considered to be top dog here in Wisconsin. EJ

Reply to
Eric Johnson

I have used many tools in the construction trade and the Milwaukee power tools always seem to be smoother running and better balanced. If I had my choice I would pick up the Milwaukee tool every time.

William Lee

Reply to
WilleeCue

I need to get a new screwmachine,I`m sick to death of the makita as it constantly jams up and I lose more screws than I use! My local supplier has just got milwaukee tools in stock and I`m tempted by the dwse 4000mq but I think you amercans are getting your revenge on us for exporting festool to the states the prices are frightening here in Holland.anyway I`d be interested to hear what the general concensus is over milwaukee for quality/price Regards Russell

Reply to
Russell

well, they make a heck of great recip saw. I've got a Sawzall and like it except it doesn't have the orbital action like the newer one. OTOH, I love my 4 Makita cordless tools. what is a "screwmachine"?

dave

Russell wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

That was my girlfriend in college's nickname for me ;-I

hehe

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Me, according to my SO.

Reply to
mp

Commonly known as a screwgun or drywall screwdriver. It's a depth-adjustable high-speed power screwdriver. The trades seem to use mainly DeWalt and Milwaukee screwguns.

I have a Super Sawzall (without the orbital action) and I love it. Only brand with a counterweight.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

milwaukee is at the high end here (AZ, USA) in both price and quality too. I like mine, and would rate the quality up with the best I've used. I can't compare milwaukee to festo, not having used any festo stuff, but I have a fein multimaster and I'd say the production standards are similar.

consider availability of parts and service when making your decision.

Reply to
Bridger

Nothing much wrong with Milwaukee. They build tough tools. Most of them are heavier than some of the others cos. because they pride themselves on industrializing the parts (heavy cases, iron instead of aluminum, etc.) I've seen them take a beating. Sawzalls, "Hogs", and Hammerdrills are some of the best out there.

Reply to
Young_carpenter

lol ,yep I`ve been in the Netherlands tooooo long,screwmachine is a direct translation from schroefautomaat.

Reply to
Russell

I bought a Milwaukee corded drill/hammer 15 years ago and it's operated flawlessly ever since. The construction is solid and I was impressed enough with it that a few years later I bought one of their 12v cordless drills with a pair of batteries. The batteries have since died and been rebuilt and the cordless drill is back in full functional condition. The next time I need some type of hand power tool, I'm certainly going to see what Milwaukee has to offer. So far to date, I can't say a bad thing about them and that's good in my books.

Reply to
Upscale

I think that Milwaukee are committed to getting their product into europe the have put together a nice site in different languages so I reckon they mean to go on.The dealer has a lot of tools in stock,it seems the mother company is atlas copco which is pretty big here as well.He had some Flex machines as well some really bizzare drywall sanderwhich I might give a try.

Reply to
Russell

I bought several Milwaukee tools for our Community Theater workshop a couple of years ago and they are holding up very well under some pretty intense use by a lot of different people: Super Sawzall (with orbital action), Router, Hammer Drill, circular saw and panel saw. All run smoothly and I'm very happy with them.

Bill

Reply to
Carver33

============================ I love Milwaukee tools... ..heck even have, and use, some that were purchased by my dad .. (I am 60 he passed away at 86)..they look like hell but function perfectly...

BUT the only cordless Milwaukee tool I own is a 14.4 V Drill that is at least 6 years old... and it is used almost every day.. only problem with it is the plastic body...have broken it twice dropping the drill off a roof etc...not a big deal since a new body only costs about 8 bucks... bough 2 the last time...just to have a spare ..

Good, reliable tools...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

Reply to
Kevin

AEG/Atlas Copco of course.Ok I`ll buy it

Reply to
Russell

Ja hoor, ik heb en Milwaukee Sawzall 11amp en Circular Saw, en ik hou van beiden. Vergelijkend met Festool: dezelfde qualiteit, maar nog sterker en langdurende.

't spijt me voor mijn verschrijkelike Nederlands (vorall spelling), het is nou 20+ jaar geleden sinds ik daar ben geweest.

H.

Reply to
Hylourgos

They were GREAT tools (a few people here can probably attest to getting bloody noses from the right angle drill that refused to stop after the drill bit bound up... the handle would come and smack you for being so stupid). Then the German connection came and AEG converted them to their "budget" line hoping to sell their own as premium. They were real crap for a few years (thinking late 90's period). That didn't last too long and from what I see know I think they are again top of the line.

Already having the various Milwaukee Sawzalls, cordless drills and other WMD's I bought a Milwaukee screw gun several years ago just to have a dedicated screwgun on the bench and not have to change back and forth with drill bits. It has served me well for bench work and also screwed down a couple of decks but is in its final hours...most likely the deck work did it in and it's my fault...time to buy another.

Holland.anyway

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

Recently replaced my 14.4 v Porter Cable drill with a 14.4 v Milwaukee when the batteries on the PC were going out and replacing was only slightly more expensive than new batteries. Comparing the two, the Milwaukee is definitely better built and more solid. It is also heavier however -- that's either a good thing or a bad thing; in my case, my elbow definitely feels the additional weight.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Nope. He posted a picture of it over on WoodCentral. It's one of those screwguns (sort of like you say) but it is self loading from a collated strip of screws.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod