OT: Wal-Mart unsettled investors with a cautious sales forecast

Hmmm.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cidX0&e=4&u=/nm/20031113/bs_nm/markets_stocks_dc
Although it is hard to resist because of the their low prices. Maybe I'm not the only person who is avoiding shopping at the Walatorium.
Amen, just found my last alternative. Target for digital photo printing. Same price and at the moment less of a borg.
BRuce
RKON wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cidX0&e=4&u=/nm/20031113/bs_nm/markets_stocks_dc
BRuce <BRuce> wrote:

Dunno, I don't like Target much. There's a snotty air about the place, as though it weren't a K-Mart done up in really hideous colors.
I don't shop at Wal-Mart much either though.
I guess basically I'm glad I'm married. I hate all of those places. SWMBO happily does most of the non-tool shopping. If I were single, I'd have to buy groceries and clip coupons and stuff for myself, and that would suck. Even though I could surely dump SWMBO at will for the gorgeous, incredibly kinky, 21-year-old bomb shell of my dreams (and her twin sister), what with me being such a hot stud and all (I even have stud handles), I'd never find another woman willing to take care of so much tedium for me without bitching and trying to make me feel guilty about it.
I'm a lucky man.
Their profits are probably down because of the law suits for hiring illegals.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cidX0&e=4&u=/nm/20031113/bs_nm/markets_stocks_dc
not
Leon wrote:

Probably. I laughed my ass off when I heard about that. When I worked at Wally World, we dumped our in-house cleaning crew after converting into a Supercenter. They brought in a contract crew. Eastern Europeans. Czechs, Poles, Slovenians, Croats maybe... None of them could even talk to each *other*, and none of us could understand a damn thing any of them said.
What do you bet they didn't have green cards? :)