OT: waaay off topic:

These models made my head spin. Open them in order and follow the bouncing ball. It compares the earth's size with our immediate neighbours.

Just had to share.

Robatoy

"Antares is a class M supergiant star, with a diameter of approximately

700 times solar. I.e., if in place of our sun, its outer surface would extend between the orbit of Mars and Jupiter."

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

On Apr 17, 10:41 pm, "Mark Jerde" wrote: [snip]

That's just nuts. Cool, but nuts.

What boggles this ol' mind, is not just the inkling of the relative size, but that there are billions of them suckers floating about.

Robatoy

Don't pay any attention to the man behind that curtain....

Reply to
George

Reply to
marc rosen

Well there of billions of them suckers floating about our galaxy. And there are billions of galaxies in our universe. And there are (possibly) infinite universes in existance. Couple that with infinite time..

However, there is still no reason to believe that we aren't the only intelligent life.

Reply to
Toller

Please point out the intelligent life. I've not seen it on this planet in a few years. Oh, wait, I think it see it clustered around a place called Washington DC.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Time to go to the eye doctor then.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

say head spining (or mind boggeling). If your not already doing so, you might wish to watch the Science channel on Tuesday nights. Its all about astronomy. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

Is there actually life after birth...?

Reply to
jo4hn

Neat stuff. Take a look at

I worked there for 30 some odd years doing data capture stuff. Enjoy. farrrr out, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

True, the odds are very good that there is intelligent life "out there." Unfortunately, the odds are also very bad that we will ever find that intelligent life (or they find us).

Reply to
Frank Stutzman

Robatoy wrote in news:1176860781.345519.16220 @b58g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

How did you get far enough away to take the pictures?

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

You new around here?

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:1177027968.476301.120000 @n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Now that I think about it, the question should have been: How did you get CLOSE enough to take the pictures?

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

LOL

Reply to