OT: waaay off topic:

These models made my head spin. Open them in order and follow the bouncing ball. It compares the earth's size with our immediate neighbours.
Just had to share.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/earth1.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/earth2.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/earth3.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/earth4.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/earth5.jpg

Cool! Where did you find them?
"Antares is a class M supergiant star, with a diameter of approximately 700 times solar. I.e., if in place of our sun, its outer surface would extend between the orbit of Mars and Jupiter."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antares
-- Mark
[snip]

That's just nuts. Cool, but nuts.
What boggles this ol' mind, is not just the inkling of the relative size, but that there are billions of them suckers floating about.

Don't pay any attention to the man behind that curtain....

Well there of billions of them suckers floating about our galaxy. And there are billions of galaxies in our universe. And there are (possibly) infinite universes in existance. Couple that with infinite time..
However, there is still no reason to believe that we aren't the only intelligent life.

Please point out the intelligent life. I've not seen it on this planet in a few years. Oh, wait, I think it see it clustered around a place called Washington DC.

Time to go to the eye doctor then.
Mark
Toller wrote:

Is there actually life after birth...?

True, the odds are very good that there is intelligent life "out there." Unfortunately, the odds are also very bad that we will ever find that intelligent life (or they find us).
--
Frank Stutzman

Hey Robatoy, So, as long as we're off topic have you ever seen Jupiter and/or Saturn and their respective moons? It's been a while since I could view Jupiter but we were checking out Saturn several nights around the end of March and into this month. One night we could not see any of its moons and I thought they may be aligned longitudinally with us- both front and back. For those who have never seens Saturn's rings through a scope you need to check it out - it is a very cool sight. I also heard that soon the rings will be at an angle that makes viewing them very difficult. Have not substantiated that, but I'll still check it out as often as I can. Marc

Robatoy, Thank you for posting such an interesting comparison. It was as you say head spining (or mind boggeling). If your not already doing so, you might wish to watch the Science channel on Tuesday nights. Its all about astronomy. Joe G
Robatoy wrote:

Neat stuff. Take a look at www.jpl.nasa.gov I worked there for 30 some odd years doing data capture stuff. Enjoy.     farrrr out,     jo4hn

How did you get far enough away to take the pictures?

You new around here?

Now that I think about it, the question should have been: How did you get CLOSE enough to take the pictures?

LOL