OT They're doing it right!

Page 1 of 3
Hope and prayers to hardest working couple in show biz as the hurricane plows up the east coast of FL towards their backyard studio in Jacksonville.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwgEELSShrU?autoplay=1

Yea, it's not woodworking but everybody needs a little heart-happy music it their lives!
On 10/7/2016 9:20 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Good stuff! Thanks ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 10/7/2016 10:35 AM, Swingman wrote:

smoke machine. You call that music?
Well, yes indeed I do. She is such a terrific singer and the musicians are top-flight.
I saw them once in New York and they were no doubt killing it onstage, but the sheer volume in the theater made it hard to enjoy.

I first saw Derek live (the guitarist) when he was 11 while I was vacationing on the 'Redneck Riviera' back in '90(?) and was completely blown away. Unfortunately, the earliest video I can find is after he reached the ripe old age of 14 and was becoming 'famous':

https://www.youtube.com/embed/AUNbZlu9Lx0?autoplay=1

This one was on Audience (DirectTV) recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhaL0tXYZI

Excellent show. I've seen Derek before he got married and after, both incarnations are quite good.
His Uncle is a pretty good drummer as well.
Derek also takes Dickies place in the Allman Brothers band along with the excellent Warren Haynes. There's a fine DVD of one of the Beacon Theater shows. _Soul Shine_ is outstanding.
https://www.amazon.com/Allman-Brothers-Band-Beacon-Theatre/dp/B0000C7PWI
On 10/7/2016 10:42 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

This is song that caused me to first buy a Susan Tedeschi album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_rYcG5idc

And with the Allman Bros:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpAtI0RZR5E

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

dead link ? or my problem ..? John T.

It's you.
I can access it jes fine. Ona Linux box, no less. ;)
Adobe stopped supporting Flash for Linux, long ago. I always gotta "Reload" and "Activate Adobe Flash" at least once --sometimes twice-- to get most any Youtube video to work. IOW, the link is good. So is this one: ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxODypMZGgQ

Coming Home by the Trucks/Tedeschi Band w/ Warren Haynes @ the 2010 Crossroads concert.
nb

" Lost Lover Blues " results in " Video not available " ... John T.
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 9:31:35 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Direct link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_rYcG5idc&list=PLxs1a_N1PXeP2JsobWf1P147TxxcbDS8b&index

Must be cuz yer in Canada. (shrug)
nb

That was my daughter's guess - I hadn't heard of that before - I'll look into it. Thanks. John T.
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpAtI0RZR5E

Yer welcome.

their " Tiny Desk Concert " March 2016 is a hoot ! ... brass section ; drum kit ; keyboard ; backup singers ! and three guitars. Thanks for the heads up - I hadn't heard of this act until now. John T. http://www.npr.org/2016/03/24/471725403/tedeschi-trucks-band-tiny-desk-concert
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

https://goo.gl/AICl7E
or
https://goo.gl/NDBeZB

<https://www.wired.com/2016/04/researchers-cracked-microsoft-googles-shortened-urls-spy-people/

https://goo.gl/CdltR8
On 10/7/2016 12:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Google owns youtube and they like to screw (read" monetize) things up every chance they get.
Some youtube links (in the "topics" category with music, and not actual videos, but the audio from an album) here lately will start with a full length ad.
Sometimes, if you open up another tab in your browser during the advertisement, then go back to the original tab, it will play the desired content.
CAVEAT: it's farkin' Google, so all bets are off in the next 30 seconds.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Swingman wrote:

This sounds strange coming from you. You make it sound like someone forced you to go to the site. I don't go to Facebook.

On 10/7/2016 5:27 PM, Bill wrote:

Facebook?? Paint fumes getting to you?