OT The First Woman Truck Presidential Candidate

I sent this email to a buddy of mine today and he thought it was funny.
Read at your own risk.
My 1987 Ford F150 is currently old enough to vote. This coming February she will be old enough to buy a drink.
I figure on keeping her until she is old enough to run for President and, if the selection of candidates at that time is anything like what it has been, she will have a decent chance.
You may wonder at my assigning the female gender to this vehicle; but I submit to you anything that does what it is supposed to do whenever the hell it feels like it, costs more than it should to keep it alive and yet you cant bring yourself to put a bullet into it, and has been your constant companion through storm and strife, seen the raising of your children, been through business successes and failures without complaint, doesnt quite look as good as the day you bought it but thats OK, accommodates your big fat ass without comment, and will still drive you to the hardware store on a Sunday morning must, of necessity, be female.
I look forward to her being the first woman truck candidate for President.
And I will vote for her.
Well, don't say I didn't warn you.
Regards, Tom.
Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 / tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
Words set to the refrain of "Old Shep", a C&W classic tune from days of yesteryear.
Lew
On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 03:39:50 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

You know, Lew, I have that same problem.
For years I thought the song went:
"You picked a hard time to leave me, Lucille Four hundred kids and a crop in the field..."
My wife finally told me that the word was, "hungry".
It made more sense to me, then.
Regards, Tom.
Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 / tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
So She could be the second "Ford" to become President. Just remember to keep her tires properly inflated. Marc (who drives a Dodge and a Freightliner Badged Sprinter van)

I have been eyeing those Sprinters, Marc. Which engine do you have? Mileage?

Hello Robatoy, I have a 2003 with the 5 cylinder diesel engine. It was the longest model they sold at that time- 158 inch wheelbase, 3500 chasis, dually rear wheels. I get between 23 and 25 MPG and it is the most comfortable vehicle that I drive or have ever owned. I bought it as a windsurfing/camping vehicle but it makes a great lumber and tool hauler too with 14 feet of almost uniterupted space, 6 foot high. I've seen two vans fitted with a bench top table saws and radial arm saws. They look like they could be a nice shop on wheels (slightly cramped, of couse.) Marc

I'm sure that "Red" my 85 chevy c10 will be glad to give her what ever support she can. I've had her longer then 2 wives.