OT:...sort of. Productivity in retirement.

Sat, Dec 23, 2006, 6:30am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Swingman) doth sayeth: In the end, marrying the wrong woman cost you that job.

Maybe, but how are you going to predict something like that?

JOAT Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

- Eric Hoffer

Reply to
J T

Some do, some don't, but even after the fact put the blame squarely where it lies ... considering the situation it should be nothing but pure pleasure to do so anyhow.

Reply to
Swingman

Yep, it is a matter of attitude. You seem to have a good one.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sat, Dec 23, 2006, 12:41pm snipped-for-privacy@snet.net (Edwin=A0Pawlowski) doth sayeth: Yep, it is a matter of attitude. You seem to have a good one.

In the words of Bal Simba: Life does not always give us what we want. Very often we must choose to accept what it gives us with the best grace possible.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

When placing blame will put food on the table or ease my mind about my own role, count me in. But not until.

I've never yet seen a divorce (although I don't dispute that they are theoretically possible) where all the blame rested on one side of the aisle and none on the other.

Compared to her, I did pretty good with my end of the marriage ... and the judge agreed by giving me full custody of two young guys fresh out of diapers. But not compared to what I should have done.

What I did was (mostly) legal. But that doesn't make it wise.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

J T wrote: Neither kid gets in trouble and both have good jobs. Life

Well, now. It appears we DO have a couple of similarities. One son served in the USMC, works for Ford in Twin Cities (for now, anyways), is married and has a young daughter. The other got a GED, went to tech school and is now the big kahuna for tech support for a company called "BobCAD". Along the way he, too, got married and is presently enrolled in 4 year college full time and is in honors college with a 4.0 for the past couple of years.

The kid speaks Spanish, Gaelic and Japanese. The Spanish and Gaelic are fluent.

We all survived, sort of, although there are scars. Life goes on.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit