OT: Somebody opened the door to the boilerroom.

100F tomorrow (feels like 120F with humidex.) In Canaduh...... The bananas will love it!
On 7/20/11 7:26 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Just hoping my A/C can keep up with it, stay cool. :-)
--
Froz...

The AC is set at 74 and running for 5, off for 10 mins, so I think it should manage. Just keeping the humidity down is a blessing. If I do an all house emergency generator, I want that included. That's really the only thing I have some concerns about, the grid. As long as it fragments, like it didn't during the last black-out.
You and yours stay cool too.
In article

Well, I hate to tell you this:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/22jun_swef2011/
--
Stuart Winsor

Midland RISC OS show - Sat July 9th 2011
Ay least we got a breeze! The humidity was 97% a few mornings ago and at least that left for the heat wave. The breeze and the lower humidity brings the humidex down to a cool 45 C (113 foreignheat) . Gives me a good excuse not to get out and move granular compaction materials, by shovel, for the next few days.
Thank Gawd I used WD-40 on the wheelbarrow wheels though.
---------------
"FrozenNorth" wrote in message Just hoping my A/C can keep up with it, stay cool. :-)
On 7/20/11 7:26 PM, Robatoy wrote: 100F tomorrow (feels like 120F with humidex.) In Canaduh...... The bananas will love it!
"Robatoy" wrote:

bananas will love it! --------------------------------------- Hit 86F with 50% RH in my part of SoCal today.
Marine layer coming back in, should be cooler tomorrow.
Lew
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 16:26:40 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

But it's a dry heat...OOPS, no it's -not-. Pffffft!
-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 16:26:40 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Not quite as hot here (yesterday peak of 89 degrees with 98% humidity peak) but it's not fun sawing up a felled tree before starting on a new fence in this weather.
I'm not complaining though. At least I don't have to shovel sunshine!
And yes, I will be adding water to the cement as it's been dry for over a month. Normally when I did a hole it fills up with water... not this time.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

It was warm today. 100 is warm. That 'feels-like' number is goofy though it was said to be 122. Didn't feel a degree over 119 to me.
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 20:17:24 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

We had pretty high winds here today. One local TV weather forecaster said if you figure in the "Wind Chill" it feels like 88 degrees.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
"Robatoy" wrote:

though it was said to be 122. Didn't feel a degree over 119 to me. --------------------------------------Memories:
Can remember summer days like that when I was still in Ohio.
Solution was simple.
Drive to boat yard, prep the boat then head out into Lake Erie, 5 maybe 10 miles.
Stop engine and let boat drift.
Tether myself to boat, then jump over board wearing a life jacket and clutching a cold one.
Gives you a whole different perspective of the world.
Bobbing around in the water, with little more than your head exposed, you begin to understand what a pimple on the ass of humanity you really are in the grand scheme of things.
Memories.
Lew
100F tomorrow (feels like 120F with humidex.) In Canaduh...... The bananas will love it!
*******************
Send some of that down here please Rob 50 degrees today with the same or less tomorrow

You an' me both. 16C this morning and 11C predicted for tomorrow(Sat). Were the missus in residence it is an opportune time to de- cast the brass monkey/s :-> george

Max temps in Holland today: 68F, with rain.
--
Best regards
Han

Rain?? In Holland???? Say it ain't so. Holland, where summer sometimes falls on a Tuesday.

Too many times lately that we have vacationed in Holland in July or so, it was almost as hot there as it is now here. Since there is a dearth of airco (A/C) over there, it is as if you were in a cardboard hut on the beach of the Mediterranean (sp?) near Ventimiglia in the '50s. DAMHIKT.
--
Best regards
Han

I wanna see, I wanna see.

May we send 15-20F of our 90F forecasted heat to you in exchange for 20F of coolth, please, sir? Thank you!
-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln

What do you expect from the dead of winter, George? I'll send you some, only if you promise to return the favour 6 months from now.