OT slightly News-Proxy modifications for other news groups

Greetings,
news-proxy has filtered nearly all of the spam I used to see on rec.woodworking. I would like to use it for another news group. How should I modify the nfilter.dat file to work for multiple groups.
Do I just changes lines like these:
rec.woodworking drop from:*anonymous* rec.woodworking drop from: snipped-for-privacy@cutekittens.com rec.woodworking drop from:*frell.eu.org
to lines like these?
* drop from:*anonymous* * drop from: snipped-for-privacy@cutekittens.com * drop from:*frell.eu.org
Does the number of spaces and tabs between * and drop matter?
Thank you, Bill Thomas