OT - Religious Humor

My 80 something year old mother sent this one to me, and she's not even Catholic.

A new priest, born and raised in Texas, is nervous about hearing=A0=A0confessions, so he asks the older priest to sit in on his sessions. =A0 The new priest hears a couple of confessions, then the old priest asks =A0him to step out of the confessional for a few suggestions. =A0

The old priest suggests, "Cross your arms over your chest, and rub your =A0chin with one hand and try saying things like 'yes, I see,' and 'yes, go =A0on,' and 'I understand.'" =A0 The new priest crosses his arms, rubs his chin with one hand and repeats =A0all the suggested remarks to the old priest. =A0

The old priest says, "Now, don't you think that's a little better than =A0slapping your knee and saying, "No shit...what happened next?" =A0

J T

Not new, though. I first heard that, I think, from a girlfriend who was Catholic...in fact her oldest brother was a priest. Army chaplain, IIRC.

And that was one helluva long time ago. I was about 23-24 then, not quite pre-Colombian, but close.

It's still funny.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Tue, Aug 7, 2007, 7:28pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Charlie=A0Self) doth sayeth: Not new, though. I first heard that, I think, from a girlfriend who was Catholic...in fact her oldest brother was a priest. Army chaplain, IIRC. And that was one helluva long time ago. I was about 23-24 then, not quite pre-Colombian, but close. It's still funny.

Any joke you've never heard before is new, and I'd never heard that one. Like most good jokes, it was probably old a thousand hears before the crusades.

What's surprising about it is that my mother sent it. And it's actually funny. You ought to read some of the stuff she sends me. Or not. Ah well.

Yeah Charlie, you and me both are starting to get up there. Eventually we'll have to start saying we're senior-citizens even. Damn, I've not even gotten used to saying I'm middle-aged yet.

J T