OT: Re: WE are losing it. WOOPS

Page 1 of 2

WOOPS...

With any luck the criminal element won't pick up on this alternative to the obvious ski mask.
My bank has a "please remove your helmet" sign for the benefit of snowmobilers.

Mine bank's a little more direct. They just instruct you to leave your weapons at the door.
Seems to be working.
jc

Better still, be even more direct. Don't enter if you intend to rob this bank or kill people. I am guessing that this would be a logical suggestion by those that feel a mask is not a threat. I mean if you forgot to take off your vest full of explosives or feel that there is no problem with bringing your gun into the bank and have absolutely no intention of using either while in the bank, what's all the fuss about? ;~) Now on the other hand, if those people came to the bank and slipped a note under the door indicating that they wanted to steal money or to blow people up, they absolutely should not come into the bank. There is a simple solution for every thing.

Massachusetts law prohibits leaving guns unattended in cars or anywhere else except locked up at home. A few years ago I went to pick up an antique shotgun and then go to the bank. Rather than either violate the law or scare the hell out of the bank patrons I changed my route and went to the bank first.
Gary
<snippage>

When I was a kid I took a double barrel blackpowder 12 gauge to show and tell... no fooling Tom

Woops what? You finally figured out that this is a woodworking group?
Please stop with your off-topic political crap.
scott
On Feb 20, 7:29pm, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

I agree with Scott. if you want to talk politics, go to a politics blog. I am trying to pick up good woodworking wisdom, not read opinionated crap I can get anywhere. Dave

Yo, Dave. Scott. See that big OT there in the subject line? That means Off Topic.
To put it another way, when the subject begins with "OT" that means it's off topic.
So, if you don't want to read off-topic stuff, try not to open the off- topic stuff.
Let us know if you need more explanation.

Well that pretty much proves he knew he was posting in the wrong newsgroup.
--
FF

Thanks for the advice. When the OT crap exceeds the T crap by volume, it's time to rethink your sage advice.
Take is somewhere else.
scott
On Feb 20, 8:38pm, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Wow. How long have you guys REALLY been perusing this group. Sure, Robatoy (and others) may post some OT stuff but if you would look in the archives, he has a wealth of knowledge and probably forgot way more than you and I will ever learn about woodworking.
Somebody else said it right: Ignore the OT stuff. At least he is telling you up front it is OT. This group has been getting pounded recently from spam garbage from China or elsewhere and THAT is where most of the garbageis coming from.
Geesh. Lighten up. If you have some burning question, please, ASK IT. Unless it is for a plan uless you want JT to set you straight. :o)
ray
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Traditionally, everyone in the group just emails JT directly with plans requests. Keeps the traffic down in here.
;D

Oh, man. You're going to have a hard time finding something to sacrifice to the wood gods that'll pay for THAT one.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It only counts if he gets a bunch of emails.
On Feb 20, 7:38 pm, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

I should take is somewhere else? Can I has cheezeburger? :-) Hey. I have an idea. Maybe you could go read something on topic.
For years, this group has had, and accepted, off topic posts. Kitchen table talk. It's been just fine.
Then YOU came along and spoiled everything for everybody.

Hay, That iz MAH BUKKIT!!
On Feb 20, 8:38pm, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

I'll send you a corkscrew:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Limitedvision.jpg

LOL...prudes

Here's a clue for you and scott: Start an on-topic discussion.
Carry on, Robatoy....