OT: one of life's small successes

Page 2 of 2
On 4/5/2012 8:57 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yabbut, but that's not "original" ... never cleaned horse stalls, eh?
Cattle and horses in England and Europe are traditionally stalled at night, and for the duration of a harsh winter.
The English/Europeans starting _fuming_ wood with ammonia AFTER they noticed the distinct effect it had when stall/barn wood was exposed to the ammonia in the animal urine.
IOW, "the original quarter sawn white oak finish" ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Point to Swingy. ;)
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud
On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 22:06:11 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

All I can quote is what I read. <shrug> Wait a week. We'll see another, entirely different, quoted figure from somewhere...
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud
On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 11:37:04 -0400, Bill wrote:

Once a month would probably be closer to the truth, I used to do part time maintenance work for a famous fried chicken place that "never" changed the oil, only filtered it and added as needed.
basilisk
- - You can wrap a 1 1/2" X 48" dowel in birthday wrapping paper and you won't have to walk softly to carry a big stick.
On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 14:46:10 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

I don't know either, the oil never smelled old or bad. These fryers kept the oil hot perpetually, nothing bacterial could have grown in it. The oil was tallow based at the time and would clog the pumps and filters if it ever cooled off.
Referring back to what Swing said, they only cooked chicken, so no cross flavor contamination.
basilisk

Agave syrup is low-glycemic and works well in baking, cooking and to sweeten oatmeal. Costco has a good price on it, too.
scott
On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 12:04:30 -0400, Keith Nuttle

Those chips are EXPENSIVE, and I don't think they're all that good. But enjoy!

I was referring to -when- your wife made them for you as being rare: only when you're _good_. <g>
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud