One of Life's biggest Frustrations in the home

One of Life's biggest Frustrations in the home.....

Trying to open a goddamn fuc### %$^#&* @#$#$^#& Plastic garbage bag.

I normally spend at least 15 minutes opening one of them. By that time, it's ripped and shreaded but at least open. Or, I find some other container to toss both the garbage and the trash bag that has me about ready to kill.

Why cant they make easy to open trash bags? For starters, put a colored stripe on the end that is supposed to open. Even with eye glasses I cant see the seams. Then have some sort of pull tabs on them. Is this too much to ask? If it is, that's fine, because I wont buy them anymore, until they do make them easy to open. Life is too short to waste fighting with a damn trash bag.

Reply to
repairs

Try this

Separate two of the edges wide enough that you can blow into the bag to inflate it. When you have a bubble about the size of a loaf of bread close the opening and push the bubble toward the bottom. Then just grab two edges, hold the bag open and use it like a net to trap air as you move your arms up and down. When the bag is completely opened up, grab the bottom and top edges, collapse the bag by pulling on each end. Insert bottom into can, spread opening edge around top of can DONE !

Reply to
Attila Iskander

The hard part is getting the sides open. I usually try to slide them apart with fingers. Make sure you are trying proper end. You can usually see heat sealed end.

Reply to
Frank

Solution: buy drawstring trash bags. There's your colored stripe, and the pocket holding the drawstring ensures the bag is always easy to open.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

Why don't you change brands. Lots of brands have a drawstring closure which does twothings. Identifies the opening end instantly. Makes it easy to get it open.

One of the tricks with the smaller bags is to wet your fingers, partially dry them on your pants and then oopen the bag - give just enough 'sticky' to slide part of the bag open (still leaves the "which end is which" problem)

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Wetting your fingers helps. This also helps with the other biggest frustration in life... :) []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Get a kitten and just before he shreds it to death with his sharp claws, take it away. Problem solved !!! I can speak from experience on this too unfortunately.

Reply to
Doug

then your problem has solved itself

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

In my view, the REAL question is why we have to deal with those frustrations in the first place.

I don't have a problem with the garbage bags I buy, but I used to be in a fight to the death with Casa Mendosa Tortilla Shell bags. They come packaged in a bag similar to a freezer bag or Zip-Loc bag. The problem is that the plastic the bag is made of is very much thinner and weaker than a freezer bag or Zip-Loc bag, and so when you try to pull the Zip-Loc closure apart, the plastic tears before the Zip-Loc closure opens, and it's frustrating! I keep asking myself "Do the people that make this stuff ever buy it themselves?" Obviously not, because then they'd know what a pain in the ar$e it is to get those stupid bags open and would be changing their packaging accordingly.

I have since learned to open those Casa Mendosa Tortilla Shell bags with a pair of scizzors. I cut off the Zip-Loc closure and transfer the tortilla shells to a large freezer bag. Problem solved. For the 15 cents that the large freezer bag costs, it's saves me a lot of frustration.

Reply to
nestork

Problem with those is they don't seem to seal off very well when closed. Most times it does not matter, but if you are getting rid of stinky chicken bones or shrimp shells, it can smell.

I usually buy the Great Value plain bags at Wal Mart. Cheap and work.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I have since learned to open those Casa Mendosa Tortilla Shell bags with a pair of scizzors. I cut off the Zip-Loc closure and transfer the tortilla shells to a large freezer bag. Problem solved. For the 15 cents that the large freezer bag costs, it's saves me a lot of frustration.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

if they are so flimsy, why do you need to use scissors?

of course when that happens to me, I just call the usual toll free service/complaint number and they usually send me a coupon for a free package

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

I got one more frustrating than that..... the wife !!!

Reply to
Doug