OT: Nice cover

Cover songs can be really cool, especially if they add a whole new dimension to the original..for instance, I like the Ramones cover of Louis Armstrong's Wonderful World. A lot.
and then there is this cover of Madonna's La Isla Bonita.... Not a Madonna fan, even a little bit, but I always liked this song, and now...finally... all the way from Finland....... . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qToq_VQ8cN0

Hot Dayum!!!
On 6/16/11 8:51 PM, Robatoy wrote:

That's pretty cool. I'm sure they wish they sounded that good live. :-)
There have always been a lot of great metal musicians in whatever they call that part of Northern Europe that has Sweden, Denmark, and Norway & Netherlands.
--

-MIKE-

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:06:06 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

Gotthard
basilisk

On 6/16/11 10:51 PM, basilisk wrote:

TNT, Yngwie, Terje Rypdal
--

-MIKE-

Yngwie is a cover for Paganini. (aka Niccie The Pag, 27 October 1782 27 May 1840) still pretty good though.
On 6/16/11 11:23 PM, Robatoy wrote:

wow. I'll have to trust you on that. :-) My guitarist buddy loves all these guys and that's the only reason I know what I stated. He's a huge Terje fan and says he's a much more musical player than the more famous Yngwie.
--

-MIKE-

'cept those guys are Swiss.
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:19:39 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

You know merikans are geographically challenged. :)

Helsinki to Bern is 1500 miles.... close enough..:-)

But the first was the best. Long Live Black Sabbath!
-- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -- Mahatma Gandhi
-MIKE- wrote the following:

Denmark, Norway and Sweden is called Scandinavia. The Netherlands is not a part of it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Oh, they're in on it alright. That whole high standard of living, tall people with no fatties, long life, medical care for all conspiracy.
On 6/17/11 8:18 AM, willshak wrote:

That's the term I was looking for!
--

-MIKE-

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:51:00 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Yeah, good band. Technically excellent. I only heard one note of one riff sour during the fastest fingering. Not bad at all. I'd suggest that they get another videographer, though.
I'm not a Madonna fan, either, but that lady has one helluva voice. Ditto Jewel. I saw an hour music show by her and she played almost every style of music known to man, all well, from classical to rock to western to (sigh) religious. I had no idea she was so talented and diverse. Yeah, everything but freakin' karyokra.
-- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Everythinggggg???? . . . . . Ah, ah, ah, ah............Sta............