OT: Latest News from J.D. Powers & Assoc.: Toyota trucks really SUCK!

_Especially_ that new "Tundra" with the BIG V-8!
Having been a car dealership mogul, tell us what you think, Leon?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

Got a link for that?
"Jerry" wrote in message

Yep ... sure do.

Would you care to share it?

Any specifics, Swing? I don't know about production models, but I drove a pre-production press intro model last September and it was impressive as hell--overpowered all to hell, too, for 99% of the people who will buy it. It also had a turning radius about the same as an aircraft carrier when you went off-road, though it handled well in the rough as long as the turns were long radius.
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

I don't know ... let's ask Leon what his take is. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

That's some pretty good looking bait dangling out there. I can hardly stand not jumping on it.
Frank
"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

LOL ... that's fishing for you. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

Not being in the market for a truck, I was watching this one out of general interest. And since Texas is the truck capital of the world (statistically) I didn't want to get into another one of those raging arguments of Ford v. everyone, Checy v. everyone, etc.
But I must say...
I heard the very distinct sound of "whizzzzzzzzzz" of the old Zebco unreeling. I heard the plop of the cork and weight...
nuthin'
I don't get it. There hasn't been a good pissing match here for a while. Seems like we were due for some name callin' and chest thumping.
Robert
Frank Boettcher wrote: >

I've been circling it, as well.
"B A R R Y" wrote in message

Sometimes when you make a perfect cast, the bait hits the fish on the nose, they ignore it. Maybe an ISP is blocking headers?
Someone needs to ask Leon about his new Festool Domino carrier ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07
Swingman wrote:

I didn't find anything on the JD Power site. Maybe that's why we're so confused.
<http://www.jdpower.com/autos/toyota/tundra/2007
Nothing here, either:
<http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/
Swingman wrote:

So, somebody got a shiny new toy? :-) Nice casting, a little too nice from the sounds of it.
I know Festool is top-end, but that seems like an awful expensive investment to accompany it.

Best damn truck out there.... makes me think Swing has his tongue firmly planted in his cheek.
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Hehe ... You lay the lure with a big splash, right smack on target, and the lunker ignores it! :)
We all know how important a tool the DOMINO is in a wooddorker's arsenal, deserving of the utmost respect, a place of honor in the shop,and proper care and handling, right?
Only the best will do for the DOMINO ... I mean, you can't carry one in just any damned old truck, right Leon?
Leon?
:)
--
www.e-woodshop.net