OT: Last time I'll set foot in Home Depot

Page 7 of 7

I do that ALL the time... I worked directly with GM from 1978 to 1995 and thought that I had gotten in on the ground floor when the GM Card came out...
Sometime after the sale, we got a letter from the

IIRC it went from $750 for 5 years maximum to $500 and 7 years...or something like that.
Wed, Sep 24, 2003, 7:44am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@tree.oak (Rico) claims: That makes no sense to me. I buy everything I can on credit card that has a kick back in airline miles, then pay the amount in full every months so I don't pay any interest. Every $25,000 I spend I get a free round trip airline ticket anyplace in the US or a few places in Canada, every $55,000 a round trip ticket to Europe. If you are middle to upper middle income, you can cycle a lot of money through Visa each month. The grocery store even takes it now.
Damn well makes sense to me. I don't have the bucks to pay off a credit card every month. I have a fixed, limited income, and get an emergency every once in awhile that would prevent me from paying it. New tires for the truck a couple of weeks ago, brake work today. Miss a payment, instant credit card debt. No thanks, been there, done that.
Besides, I don't fly anymore. And, damn sure wouldn't be flying out of the country, even if I did. Debit card works for me, same as cash, and if I don't have the money in the bank to cover it, I don't get it. Simple.
Sounds like to me you think all of us are middle to upper middle income, whatever that means. It ain't so.
JOAT The whole of life is a learning process. - John Keel
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

People without the self discipline to not spend more than they can pay off at the end of the month are wise to not use a credit card. I have a few in my extended family that could learn from you.
"mttt" wrote in message:

print
That would be against the law. You'd need to look at the original "Agreement to Terms" contract you signed when you either applied for or received the card.

pushed
Don't feel badly about this one - we've all done that at one time or another in our lives.

Nope - interest is money paid for money "borrow" (after all - that's what credit really is - "renting money."

yards
up
I have a Lowe's card and a Visa. They both have the same conditions. I wouldn't put any blame on Home Depot - take it on the chin. The thing to do is to build a wooden tray and put your "bills to be paid" in it. This way you get to relate this whole thing to wood, solve the problem with wood, and continue to use the Borg as your needs require.
Jim (who's been there and done that)

do
and
Thanks Jim. I did check all of my other cards, and all three are quite proud of their Grace period. Yep, I'll take this one squarely on the chin.
I do have a "wooden tray". Worked great for dozens of years. Now it's buried under Toddler PJ's and Diapers. :)
Write a letter explaining how they were wrong to nick you for that fee. They may waive it.
Sometimes it happens that things are delayed in the mail. Not often, but sometimes.
After that fee is waived, cancel the card if you really don't like them.