OT: Last time I'll set foot in Home Depot

Page 3 of 7
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:41:44 GMT, "Leon"

If you do that once or twice, you're unlikely to ever do it again. If you have credit cards to throw at every stupid purchase, you'll be spending the next 47 years and 50x paying off a credit card.
Stupid people are going to be stupid, but it's harder to get into real trouble with a debit card.
Unless you have overdraft protection - then you can drain your savings AND checking accounts.
Just because one has a (e.g.) $10000 limit on the card, doesn't mean that you go out and blow ten grand each month on Stuff.
Seems like control is the issue here, and if you have none credit cards do make it a lot easier to go that much further into hock. But, it doesn't change the fact that exercising some control on one's spending is the crux of the matter.
Renata
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:12:31 GMT, Brian Henderson

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:52:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@myrealbox.com (Renata) wrote:

It is impossible to spend money that you don't have. You can spend money that you shouldn't spend, but you can't go into debt with a debit card.
No, people who think credit cards allow them to spend money they will never have are stupid.
Credit cards are a convenient way to pay for purchases, and some cards nowadays refund you cash, or airline miles, or gasoline, etc.
Abusing credit cards is stupid, the cards themselves are not. mikey.
Charlie Campney wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@logantele.com says...

No, credit cards are tools. Tools can be misused and do tremendous damage to those who misuse them, but that does not make them stupid. As with tools, accidents can and do happen, but that does not mean that everyone who owns that particular tool should get rid of it because someone else got hurt.
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 03:31:24 GMT, Mark & Juanita
snip

snip
very true,,,i had one almost take off my finger, and then i designed the "card guard " (tm me) overarm credit guard and coupon collector, and put one, along with a set of "card buddies" and a credit outfeed table on my wallet.
i cannot tell you how many times these things have saved my fingers while trying to use my credit cards.
*VBSEG*
Traves W. Coppock wrote:

Can you send me the plans? I would like to build one for my SIL. Yeah, unlike 'he who shall remain nameless' (HWSRN), I sometimes use plans. Regards, Hank
Yep, them credit cards will bend you over and drive you home with fees.
Gary

I did thanks. The three other cards I have don't have late fees. Even called to check. Better shop 'round Scout! :)

called
For what? I send my payments on time and I don't have any problems. And if I was late on one, I wouldn't come here whining about it.
Ahh ... I hit the nail smack on the head, I see. Your problem, Self, is that you mistake your own sarcasm for wit.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03
mttt wrote:

No, it sucks to have a Home Depot Credit card. Took care of that right after paying the bill. :)
"Interest" is charged for the money you borrowed to make your purchases. A "Late Fee" is for not paying back a portion of the money you borrowed on time.
You can still shop at HD, I am sure they will still sell to you and not hold that mistake against you.
Leon wrote:

Back in the old days Vinnie would come over and break your kneecaps when you missed a payment. This modern generation of businessmen is soooo soft.
Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.
In spewed forth and said:

If your late, your late...........but, the CC co. like to hold your payment sometime. I believe USA cc was just sued recently over this practice. What bothers me is that when you send them considerbly more than the minimum amount "every" month(2-4x more) they should let ya slide a few days if your payment got there a few days late acouple of times a year. I called one the other day, payment was due on the 7th(Sunday), posted pymt on the 8th, charged me 35.00 bucks, told them to close the account and transfer my balance to another account. There's too many cards out there that let ya transfer balances for 0% - 3-5% for 6 months to a year, that I just don't put up with their BS anymore. Screw 'em!!!
mttt wrote:

You better check the terms on the Visa Card. Depending on the type and which bank issued the card late fees can run from $0 to $35.00.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Not only that but each late payment usually brings an interest increase.

Exactly and while it is hard to believe, many credit card companies will up their interest rate to you if you are late on some one else's credit card.
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 03:06:08 GMT, "Leon"

Oh how I love my debit card. <G>
Barry