OT It's that time of year again: - Update

Update: last year's posting had the green onion tops missing.
Authentic Cajun Dirty Rice Dressing
1 lb hot pork sausage (Owens or jimmy dean's will work) 1 lb chopped chicken/turkey gizzards and hearts 1 lb coarse ground beef (chili ground) 1 lb chopped calf liver or chicken livers 2 large onions - chopped 2 bunches green onion tops - chopped 2 large bell peppers - chopped 1 medium bunch of celery - chopped 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped
8 - 12 cups of REAL cooked rice - (texmati is good, NO Uncle Ben's!) OR - cook four cups of raw rice in a rice cooker.
If you have one, cook the gizzards and hearts in a pressure cooker first, then chop.
Brown all meat together in a cast iron pot/Dutch oven. Season with PLENTY of black pepper, add chopped vegetables and 'cook, cover and stir' in various combinations until onions/celery are clear, salt to taste, add some more black pepper. (Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning is excellent as a substitute for the salt, but not for the black pepper)
Thoroughly stir in fluffy, cooked rice until the desired "dryness" is achieved.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

When do I add the BLO? ;-)
Patriarch, thinking he had mistakenly downloaded a.f.b....
ps: It's woodworking, if you use a wooden spoon, right? Happy Thanksgiving to each of you, wherever you are, whether it's a holiday in your town or not. We have much for which to be thankful, we wooddorkers.

You're not the only one!
I was just out tending the fire (at 1 a.m.), preparing to plop a brisket down for a shift party at work tomorrow evening. I was going over my mental checklist, went to the a.f.b. FAQ, and this was the very next message I read. ;-)
Kevin

<snip>
Who needs a bird? Love this stuff (just double my Lipitor).
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Lou

No Sauce Piquante?
Regards,
Tom.
Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker, ret. tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email) http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

For those days in the deer camp, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, when deer are scarce and squirrels abound.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

working at all!