OT: I Don't Think This Company Should Go Bankrupt But - Good Lord!

Page 5 of 5
spoken like the thoughtful rabble rouser that you are! Kick butt! take names! no prisoners! sigh...
dave
Jules wrote:

Squeaky wheels, dontch'a know.

Nah - you've chalked one up for the lil' guys.
wrote: Welcome to Dell. I had the same run around when I ordered my Inspiron 5150 just before Christmas. 7 weeks it took to get here, and in the end I made a special trip to the courier depot before I left for another city 2000km away. Having got the computer, I like it - it does what I want, but their service is shocking. As you say, the roundabout on the phone, never returning calls, never a straight answer, hard to understand accents. On the phone everyday in the end without results. I like the computer, but I hope it never breaks down. if they are like this when you are giving them money... Put me off getting another Dell without some seriously good reasons. Geoff -- Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam. I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
any chance on God's green earth you were so OBNOXIOUS to all the folks at Dell that they made sure you got what you deserved?? I can't believe that EVERYONE at the company dropped the ball, unless you gave them all provocation. They probably made copious notes in your customer profile to ensure your continued aggravation. Never complain about how much the pilot of your plane makes, and don't piss off the folks who sold you your pc...
cheers!
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

Hate to tell you Dave but Dell has been doing this and the reports in the Media are numerous. No one has to tick off anyone there, but it's hard not to do so given the abysmal service they have been doing of late, so don't take unresearched umberage at this fell who is nothing more than a *victim* of the Wintel price wars.
You get what you pay for and when mr. consumer demands cheaper and cheaper, sooner or later something have to give--either the quality of the product, or the service the company gives and or warrantee.

--
Best,
Kirby

good to know, Kirby. I'll probably end up in the market for a pc within the year. I was just giving TW a tiny payback; I haven't any personal knowledge of how well or poorly Dell treats their customers. He more than likely didn't see the post anyway...
dave
dave
Kirby wrote:

That last sentence is reminiscent of Larry Niven's First and Second Universal Laws:
First Law of the Universe (according to Larry Niven):
    Don't throw sh*t at an armed man.
Second Law of the Universe:
    Don't stand next to anyone who is throwing sh*t at an armed man.
Sounds like good common sense to me.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
thanks for those words of wisdom, Tom...now do you think it's about time that someone, somewhere, will post a WW related question? or heaven forbid, provide an on-topic answer? :)
dave
Tom Veatch wrote:

Personally I use Macs. I don't have to put up with M$ garbage and most every app I need is there except for niche stuff, and that's usually not a problem. Better hardware too. I've had Macs since 1987, at last count I think 14 of them and only ONE thing broke, the SONY floppy in my original Mac Plus, otherwise it's been a mouse. That's pretty good reliability. IF you need compatibiliy, there is MS Office and quicken, quickbooks and such. No real barriers. And while many think Macs cost more, when you price them to a braded PC with the SAME features, the cost difference is small and the Macs last longer. So, they get my bucks, just on the virus, security issues.

--
Best,
Kirby

I use and love macs too, but the same features for price is not true much as I wish it was, 200gig hd, 3.something ghz processor(not a celery either), 512 megs ddr ram 128 meg video card, full works on the drive (dvd/cd/r/rw/disk) monitor, speakers and some free software+other goodies for 1400$ CAN, this is 100$ more then an emac, which is very not upgradable, relatively big. 1.25 gig chip(and the PC had hyper threading, so the argument about macs being more efficient just doesnt work here)1.25, even at 200% more efficent doesnt equal the speed of 3 ghz. 256 megs of ddr ram for the emac, an 80 gig hd instead of 200, a super drive(not a great drive, and if one thing dies, the whole thing is shot) 32 meg video card. there is no way that is the same features.

And to that I say, so what?
I too am a Mac user, and you know sometimes the cheapest product is, well, the cheapest in more ways than one. As with other types of products (tools, machines, cars, electronics, appliances, labor - the list goes on and on) It makes sense to pay a bit more for a better product, and IMO the Mac is definitely a better product. It's certainly not flawless as so many "Mac Bigots" like to claim, but despite being more expensive compared to a Windows-based machine it's worth every single penny in my book.