OT Humor: Great legal cases

Yes...very good indeed.
Very little would have been accomplished if they had paid her as requested.
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent
Nothing good came of it in any case.

I took you out of the bozo bin thinking that maybe you had pulled your head out of your ass. I see you haven't. Back you go.
Those cases were great reading, however I think we should bear in mind that any Joe cannot take legal action - they have to be advised by lawyers etc. Don't laugh at the ordinary Joe, laugh at the legal advisors with all their diplomas and degrees. And ask yourself, how much did the legal advisors get out of the settlement? Ken
says...

Bingo! That's the whole idea of class-action lawsuits. These folks just troll for something they can turn into a class-action suit -- the "victims" of the perceived wrong receive on the order of less than 50% of the award, the lawyers receive 50%. Usually equates to about $20 per victim and millions for the law firm.
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 16:41:46 GMT, Mark & Juanita

You've gotta compare apples to apples, Juanita.
'victim' to 'each individual working on the case'...investigators, secretaries, etc....and the manhours of each.
or
'victims to 'attorneys'
Some law firm out there is saving me a couple of bucks on every AT&T bill I get...and he only got paid once.
And class action suits are not always granted.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !

You don't need an attorney to file a lawsuit.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !

PLEASE don't do me any favors in the future.
And, BTW...you don't need my permission to do that. You don't need to tell me everything you do. If I think yer doin' anything wrong, I'll simply tell you. So don't feel like yer obligated to inform me of your every whim! lol
Put me in and out of your bin anytime you want. Its okay.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:30:00 GMT, Mark & Juanita

Excellent, I'll have even more reason to boycott them. Cold coffee should put them out of business, for others can manage to get it right. You are right, SERVE COLD COFFEE, please do.

Waiting for someone to sue Hustler magazine because they got tennis elbow
You know that this stuff is either entirely fake, or reversed on appeal, don't you?
If you think this stuff is bad, read "The death of Common Sense" writen by a NY lawyer some years ago and reissued in paperback,. He also wrote "The Lost Art of Drawing the Line" Now those will make you puke
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:38:23 GMT, "Wade Lippman"

George in Maine snipped-for-privacy@ctel.net
This might almost be believable but number one blew it. The last time I heard this story, a woman was driving, her husband was asleep in the back and they were both killed when she set the cruise control and went into the back. No lawsuit in that version.

You guys might want to check out www.overlawyered.com if you're interested in this kind of thing.
Bill