Great Day in the Morning

Yesterday was one of those days. I was working on a sign and nothing was going right. The setting was serene, My garage door that faces an alley was open, the dogs were laying in the grass, I moved my band saw out of the way, under the open garage door, and was working on routing letter on the sign.

Some guy - drunk or on drugs comes walking down the alley, he sees the dogs and start cussing at me that the dogs were not on leashes. (Dogs are just looking at him, not barking or growling). I call the dogs into the garage and shut the *&^% garage door on my band saw = breaking the table trunion

*&^%.

Oh well, the sign turned out nice and the customer was happy.My sign profit

  • some spare change will be spent on replacing the table trunion. Great day in the morning!!!
Reply to
Evon Barvinchack

Well, the cussing was certainly not appropriate, but if there's a leash law, he has a point. If not, I don't see what the problem was as long as the dogs weren't approaching or harassing him.

Sorry to hear about your saw breaking. I've done plenty of similiar things like that. It's the most frustrating thing in the world.

Reply to
bf

Leash law are probably the least enforced of all in the country. Most every town has them, most every dog owner disregards them at most times. Of corse, we don't know any real details in thic cse, such as whose property the dogs were on.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We don't have lease laws. The dogs were on my property. I live at the end of the alley and in 40 + years of living here I can't remember when the last time someone walked past. I know that's no excuse for not having the dogs tied. In fact he only had about 40' to go and then he turned around and walked back down the alley. That's why I put the dogs in the garage so they wouldn't confront each other again. He was staggering and appeared to be incoherent - plus there's a drug house about 3 doors down from me. All kinds of things happen at that address! Anyway, I just posted the incident thinking someone out there might smile and say Yep, I done such stupid things my self.

Reply to
Evon Barvinchack

Why is that house still there?

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, not the house's fault. Why are the people still there? Don't you have effective cops?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hmmm, drug house close by, apparent drugged/drunk wandering down to the end of the alley. Hope like hell the dogs looked mean enough ... and keep a close eye on the shop/tools.

Reply to
Swingman

G'day Evon, Yep, I did smile and Yep, I have done many a similar thing. The most expensive was many years ago while on holidays. Had driven about 3000 k ms and 4 treads had separated from the tyres. Was thoroughly pissed off as the tyres where new and the dealers just kept replacing them with the same brand (Under Warranty). Anyhow number 5 went west. Stopped the car, a Falcon Station Wagon, Jacked it up with the Bumper jack, removed the wheel and replaced it with the spare, dropped the tail gate to put the flat in and...................... The car was still up on the jack, Rear wheel, Tail gate came down onto the bumper jack and punched a nice hole right through the bloody thing. I laugh about it now, but it sure wasn't much fun at the time :) regards John

Reply to
John B