OT: Happy birthday, Canada

To my fellow Canuckistanis, hope you're having a great Canada Day.
137 years young!
djb
--
Canada, it works in practice, but not in theory.

A Happy Birthday to you too!
Now if we could only rid the country of the Liberals :-(
In typed:

Yes indeed.....Fireworks & live bands tonight!
Every Thursday should be a holiday.
--
Jon Down
Need Blades???

Here in Collingwood it was a beauty day eh! We took part in a volley ball tourney in the early evening & won 2 out of three games....bit stiff today...AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHH. Now back to making cedar rabbit shavings. (Planing & shiplapping cedar boards for around our new outdoor hottub actually.)
--
Jon Down
http://www.stores.ebay.com/jdpowertoolcanada Late Friday night brings a

We don't get to see fireworks in Whitehorse. :-(
I thought I heard today that all outdoor fires are banned up there now. Is there much smoke in Whitehorse right now?
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:58:46 -0600, Dave Balderstone

The reason we don't get fireworks on Canada Day is that it doesn't get dark enough.
Thankfully, the smoke has been mostly gone for a couple of days and we see blue sky and white clouds. When I got back on Monday, there was a yellow haze and you couldn't see further than one kilometre. The mountains were completely invisible and the sun was just a brighter yellow spot in the haze. Coupled with temperatures above 30 degrees (86 Fahrenheit Keith), it was pretty oppressive.

<SMACK>
Duh... I should have known that.