OT: Grocery store

Page 1 of 4
There is a guy in front of me at the grocery store check-out and in front of him is a woman.
She puts on the belt: a single potato, a small container of milk, half a carton of eggs,
3 slices of ham, a small handful of green beans, two crusty buns and one apple.
The guy in front of me says to her: "You're single, aren't you?"
She bats her eyes and says: "How did you guess?"
He replies: "Because you're rather ugly."
Robatoy wrote:

I think that's too mean spirited to qualify as a "joke". "She" should have replied, "You're rather quite a piece of work yourself."

You didn't crack a smile even?
"Robatoy" wrote in message

No, why, there was no joke.
Now if she had replied, "Okay, I'm ugly, and you're an asshole. But I can always put on makeup," then it might have been worth a smile.

Now THAT is sooo kneeslappingggg...awful... "I can always put on make- up, yes but tomorrow I'll be sober....come ON, that line is as dead as your sense of humour.
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Someone with a sense of humor that relies on pointless derision of a person for their appearance (rather than their character) is in no position to lecture anyone else on what is or isn't funny. What's next, you gonna tell a joke about laughing at someone in a wheelchair?

One night, I was having a few pints in The Jolly Miller (Hog's Hollow, Toronto) and struck up a conversation with a guy on a barstool next to me. We talked about cars, sports, weather...and scotch. At one point, I looked over to say something to him and he had fallen off his barstool. He was mumbling and I tried to help him up. But every time, when I thought I had him back on his feet, he fell down again. Finally, I told Stu, the bartender to call the guy a cab. I carried him downstairs to the sidewalk and when the cab showed up, I had to look in the guys wallet to get his address... I figured, I'll go with him, and drop him off... it wasn't very far. When I dragged him to the front porch, I rang the doorbell and his wife opened the door. She took one look at her hubby, and thanked me for dropping him off; taking care of him. She wanted to pay me for the cab, something I refused. As I walked off the porch, she asked: "where did you leave his wheelchair?"
"Robatoy" wrote in message

And then you said, "Hey, you don't sweat much for a fat broad." Haw! It's a damn shame Ed Sullivan is off the air, you'd have been a star for sure.

That is rude and offensive. And not funny.
Robatoy wrote:

Sorry, I saw tears in her eyes...
Bill
Robatoy wrote the following:

I didn't. If I were behind the guy, I would have punched him,
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Oooooo tough guy... punching people in fictitious fables...
Oooooo tough guy... punching people in fictitious fables...
**************************
Oooo That would hurt, getting punched in the fables But, he also claims heroically, that he would normally attack someone from behind REAL hero !!
On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 09:17:19 +1100, "George W Frost"

When I was younger, walking through a plaza parking lot, I saw a beatiful blonde chic sitting in a car, obviously waiting for somebody with the window open. I couldn't resist this one so I struck up a conversation and easily got a date, for that night with her.
I picked her up at seven o'clock, as arranged, and much to my surprise, when I got to the door, she was in a wheelchair, permanantly disabled, from an accident. I didn't want to show any alarm so I figured I would just take her for a quick burger and dump her home.
After the burger, on the way she home she instructed me to go down an old dirt road, and stop by a large old tree by the side of the road...asked my if I wanted some sex!!! Well !
She explained that if I lifted her up she could hold the lower branch and have a good time with her, which..of course most males would titilate at.
I took her home and her father cornered me with a right out, blunt question "Did you get a piece of ass?"
"GEEESH!!!!". I told him that was private but asked him why the invading question.
"Well the last guy left her hanging in a tree!"
Jumping in where I wasn't invited ...
A guy lost an eye in an accident. He became a recluse out of self-consciousness. A friend persuaded him to get an artificial eye, and with reluctance to agreed to go to a dance. Upon arrival he stood in the shadow by a wall. After a while he saw a lady sitting alone. Looking closer, he saw the reason she wasn't dancing - she had an artificial leg. He thought to himself, "Well, maybe she'd dance with me." Screwing up his courage, he walked over and asked if she would like to dance. She looked up at him with a big smile, and said, "Would I! Would I!" So he pointed back at her and said, "Peg leg! Peg leg!"

Robatoy wrote:

For me, the suspension occurred at the punch line.
The wheelchair had very little suspension on it.
wrote: When I was younger, walking through a plaza parking lot, I saw a beatiful blonde chic sitting in a car, obviously waiting for somebody with the window open. I couldn't resist this one so I struck up a conversation and easily got a date, for that night with her.

" Does this dress make my butt look big? . . "Nooo.. it's your BUTT that makes that dress look big...."

Did you say "mean spirited", Bill? Y'mean Toy is now a fellow Republican, like his buddy, Sarah Palin?
<nomex: ON>
-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling