OT_FYI

-- Brent Beal snipped-for-privacy@charter.net After years of buying from ebay, I have finally run into one seller that is questionable.
I am trying to purchase the older issues of Fine Woodworking. This seller listed an issue and I had the high bid on it.
After a reasonable amount of time had passed for it to get to me, I contacted them about having not received it.
We go back and forth only after I threatened them with bad feedback. Prior to this, they never even answered any emails. They stated that they had mailed the mag. Ok, so I figured that the good old PO had lost it. I then give neutral feedback and also decline the refund. They sent me a check anyway. I carried it around for a week until I could get to the bank. Well, bite my a++, it bounced...NSF.
The seller goes by nlw47 and the address is austinabby@charter.+++.
Just wanted to let you people be aware and not get burnt like I did. (This all took place over 9 wks., so it is not jumping to any conclusions).
caveat
Come on Brent, you're going to roast the guy because of one $3 transaction? The guy has over 1100 positive feedbacks and lots of repeat customers. He offered you a refund and yes, I understand the check bounced. I've been able to balance my checkbook so I haven't bounced a check for 30 years, but it happens to people every now and then. What did he say when you let him know the check bounced? Let me guess, for $3 you didn't bother to tell him?
If this is the biggest problem you face this year you're going to have one hell of a good year!
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Brent Beal" < snipped-for-privacy@charter.net> wrote in message

want to BEWARE. I read his feedback also, that is why I gave him a neutral instead of a negative! Furthermore, it was for $6.49, that was why I declined the refund instead of going to the hassle of driving all the way to the bank( 12miles) to cash it. I did not even put in the complete address because of flamers. If you read far enough into his feedbacks, others state that they never received their items also.

<personal info removed>

Ouch Brent, you just became the bad guy by posting this guy's info on usenet. Ebay takes that stuff seriously and does suspend accounts for it. If he finds out and decides to complain, he may make trouble for you. Take your problems up with the seller.
--
McQualude

I notified him, still no response after 24hrs!
Brent Beal writes:

Oh, hell. I've got 2 auctions that I won hanging fire because of no reply when I requested a total price. Can't pay without shipping costs added, but these have been up for 12 days now with no response, IIRC. I won't worry about it if they don't (under $40 all told, anyway).
Charlie Self
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." Sir Winston Churchill
<snip>

WOW! A *whole* twenty-four hours!
Gadzooks .... you are SO generous!!!