OT? Do It Yourself Network Seeks Upholsterer for New TV Show!

Page 1 of 2
The creators of 'Trading Spaces' are conducting a Nation wide casting for a new interior design show for the Do It Yourself Network (DIY). This is a makeover show using only forms of fabric. The role we are casting for is a female upholsterer in their mid 20s to mid 30s age range.
Extensive Professional experience in upholstery is required. The tasks required of this woman might be as small as recovering a seat cushion or as large as covering an entire sofa. The upholsterer will have knowledge of various fabrics, be creative in its uses and know how to use the machinery necessary to accomplish these tasks. She must be able to articulate the steps involved in the projects to the viewers.
To be filmed in Knoxville, TN. Production company covers travel expenses, host is expected to travel 3 days a month, during which 2 episodes will be filmed. First season consists of 13 episodes, with the option of extending to 26. Payment is per episode, filming begins mid-September
Please send headshot(or picture) and resume to snipped-for-privacy@brazenarts.com
snipped-for-privacy@brazenarts.com wrote:

Tho not quite fitting your description, I'm pretty sure they'd not mind wearing a wig...
<http://www.furnitureguys.com/
On another more fitting note... Renata? You out there?
Owen Lowe responds:

Hell, I've got a stepson who could do that job. Isn't it illegal to request a particular sex for a job that either sex can do?
Charlie Self "Inanimate objects are classified scientifically into three major categories - those that don't work, those that break down and those that get lost." Russell Baker
On 13 Aug 2004 08:39:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Not in casting.
You'd look pretty silly playing Tony Soprano's wife.
Barry
Barry notes:

How many pro upholsterers do you know who are female? I've never even met one, so the analogy can be said to be a bit inaccurate.
Charlie Self "Inanimate objects are classified scientifically into three major categories - those that don't work, those that break down and those that get lost." Russell Baker
Charlie Self wrote:

How about Christopher Lowell?     :-)     j4

Actually, about half the ones I know are, including my mom. Grew up falling asleep to the sound of the big industrial Juki machine in the basement below my room.
On 13 Aug 2004 12:58:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

It's still for a television show, no?
Barry
Barry responds:

Yes, but your original statement pretty much demanded a woman take the part, and, IIRC, it was fictional. This is, presumably, not fictional, and in real life, not many women want to do pro upholstery. It is unbelievably hard work for those who have never tried, requires a lot of hand and upper body strength, and still needs really good eye-hand coordination. But what the hell, we both know that "entertainment" gets a pass on common sense and common law.
On 13 Aug 2004 12:58:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

I know one, and she's very good. Been working in the family shop for at least 20 years. she redid my French P couch several years ago. She is also gorgeous in a Jayne Mansfeld way and a terrific two stepper. Outgoing and brash. She would be perfect but she's pushing 45 years of age.

"Henry" wrote in message

age.
LOL ... For those old enough to not want to train another one, she still might be "perfect".
On second thought ....
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Yeah, that would disqualify her for me, too. Way too young... I'm 58; I like 'em older. Always have.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

LOL! Well I just got off the phone with her and told her about this 'opportunity'. She laughed at the pushing 45 comment. She's actually pushing DOWN on fifty. She doesn't look it. All decked out she doesn't look a day over 40.
Not that it matters she said she wouldn't be interested.

Pictures?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

How do you approach a business woman and ask her for a picture to post on the net? I suspect I'd be wearing my ass for a hat.

Ooh. Post a picture of you wearing your ass for a hat, too.
tt

the
Easy. Tell her you are looking models for the Playboy issue "Girls In Upholstery Shops" coming out in January. Ed
On 13 Aug 2004 08:39:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) calmly ranted:

Not if it's a -minority- sex, right? <sigh>
Where's our pal BentCajunGal? She's the right sex and occupation/skill level, but dunno 'bout the age. That would be a hoot to see "one of us" on the telly, wot?
------------------------------ Gator: The other white meat! ------------------------------ http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

Talk about getting "down to the wire".
UA100
Hell, I've been around upholstery *all* my life! 47 years!

Now if I said something like that during one of my interviews, I'd be mincemeat before the call to Johnny Cochran Jr. completed.