OT: Crue's Girls Girls Girls etc.

Page 1 of 2
The 'Machine' worked great powering Bon Jovi to a thunderous show a couple of days ago. Then we had Fergie (She's just amazing...no Jessica Rabbit, but amazing.) Tomorrow night Black Crowes... Then Saturday night Rascal Flatts to be followed by Big & Rich on Sunday....but tonight...tonight..in little ol' Sarnia. it is the Crue.
What a different crowd they attract! I have never seen this many piercings and tattoos in my life. License plates from all over the US and Canada. Even a VW micro bus with flowers...WTF??? For a Crue concert? You have GOT to be kidding me.
Anyway... I'm BBQ-ing a burger and I will be able to hear them just fine...really... (Bon Jovi set off my alarm)
Like Freud said: "Ach, to be Jung again!"
And what does this have to do with wood dorking? Absolutely fuck all. Hence the OT. I'm kinda proud of my little town. Hence the post.

Heeeere we are:
http://www.sarniabayfest.com /

Sarnia? Is that in Italy? That would explain the odd juxtaposition of anachronistic acts and vehicles.

Sarnia is the best kept secret on this continent....but alas, I said too much.
Robatoy wrote:

This Whaler fan knows that Sarnia, Ontario, was the birthplace of Pat Verbeek!

His cousin has a really nice countertop. *S*
Robatoy wrote:

Aren't you impressed I knew where Pat was from? <G>

I am impressed. Sarnia is funny about hockey. Just 45 minutes out of Detroit, there are a lot of Red Wing fans. A lot of that goes back to the days of the TV antenna. Then there are those Sarnians who feel they should root for a Canadian team..... but we're not too crazy about snooty Toronto as a city...and those Leafs [sic] are losers, so we just skip that town and root for Montreal.

http://www.sarniabayfest.com /
"Robatoy" wrote

Cowboy Troy ... now I'd definitely pay to see him play chicken, play chicken with the train train, uh huh huh! :)
(gotta love the __groove__ rhythm tracks!!)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

not bad stuff. He was on ACL not too long ago?
LOL... not long ago... I sat up and said: "This is pretty cool stuff"... my buddy said: "Sit DOWN Robbie... that's Tobi Keith"... Oh well. There ain't no room for prejudices. I guess I'm sticking with Glenn Miller's saying: "If it sounds good... it IS good."
STILL!!...not bad for a wee town, huh?
To be jung again, I don't know if it's the age as much as the milage. With me the mind is still young but the body's not willing to work that way. ross
On Jul 10, 7:35pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:

<G> A friend of mine who owns a schoolbus line, has a Volkswagen Jettawith 500K on it. That car is in better shape than a new one. He gave it to his daughter some 15 years ago with the understanding she'd learn to maintain it properly. He also proved conclusively that a gas engine can last as long as a diesel *IF* taken care of.
Now... how-the-hell did I get HERE?
Robatoy wrote:

How do you dork wood?
Robatoy wrote:

GGG is a great song...
Robatoy wrote:

Me too, Rob. I was staying with my mother last summer (lakeshore drive & Christina)) and could hear the bands plain as day. It's come a long ways since the bandstand out in Bright's Grove. That may be a few years before your time.
--

Tanus

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop /
RE: Subject
Distance can be your friend.
2,500+ miles from Sarnia not only protected my ears from abuse but also provided the opportunity to see Willie & Winton do a concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
Different strokes for different folks.
Lew

Indeed. Different strokes. My favourite concert in recent memory was John Prine.

He was on Austin City Limits here about a month or two ago. (ACL is a PBS program that features music/musicians if you don't get it there up north.)
He was in pretty good voice, but he really looked terrible. I watched the 7 minute interview they did with him after his segment and I didn't have any idea how sick he really was a few years ago.
I knew he had the spots on his vocal cord that kept him from speaking for a couple of years. I had understood (as he had) that he wouldn't sing again. Magically, his voice came back.
He was truly amused that his voice came back in a different key and register. Honestly amused. As in snickering. He chuckled and said that he now sings some of the old songs a little faster in his new register and people think he has written new material. He really liked that.
While he looked awful, he allowed that his recent health travails (I didn't know they were also potentially life threatening) gave him a new perspective and outlook on life. His new perspective showed well. He was relaxed, talkative, and was looking forward to many more years of performing with his compatriots.
I was surprised at his sense of humor. It usually comes out in his music a bit ("Dear Abby" and one of my personal all time favorites, "In Spite of Ourselves") but he is always so shy in his interviews I was really surprised at him. I was kinda cool to see him in a good place.
Robert
Robatoy wrote:

1933 (with girl singer Harriet Hilliard). Sweet. :-)     jo4hn