OT: Condolences to Bohn, Schmall, Chamberlain, et al

Page 1 of 2
figured i'd send this along this morning, rather than await the inevitable conclusion of the cheesesteak v. cheese contest.
Tom Watson wrote:

Oblong pointy ball, right?
UA100, who will be spending his time in the shop, or maybe shopping, onna 'count of the streets will be empty...
OOOOO - never taunt a cheesehead.
They aren't consistent, but the Packers can jump up and bite!

Morning Tom,

I was out a little later than normal last night, so maybe I left too many brain cells on the dance floor and I am just superdense, but WTF are you talking about? :)
David.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:09:42 GMT, "David F. Eisan"

i think it refers to the green bay vs. philly game today. lol/...... skeez

Took me a minute or two, and read the responses, and I finally figured out it was about football. Since I don't give a rat's ass about that particular wuss-bag sport, I figure I'll spend the day helping my kid build his Cub Scout Pinewood Derby car.
Jon E - who welcomes comments on his comment about puss-ball.
Jon Endres, PE wrote:

My boy is going to turn his on my new lathe. That should be interesting.

You tell'em. They line up, run at each other, everybody falls down on the ground and the ball squirts out. Then they spend 15 minutes talking about how exciting it was before getting motivated to do anything else.
No, I'll take an exciting sport, like ladies' nude beach volleyball.

out
Y'know, that's one of the few things that irks me about being an American - why can't we all play rugby like the rest of the world? Instead, some whiny-ass girly man came up with wearing all the pads, and the timeouts, and the overpaid asshole wannabe tough-guys, and we get the crying and complaining and all that shit that goes with the game, and the fat slobs who sit in front of their televisions all winter with beer and snacks and increase the level of obesity in the country. Oh well, at least it gives the semi-literate something to do. And yes, that works both ways.
I don't know which is worse, NASCAR or football. Both suck. I'll be in the shop if anybody wants to flame me.

Show me what channel it's on, and I might watch. Popcorn, anyone?
Jon
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:31:18 GMT, "Jon Endres, PE"

A sport that I always thought looked like it would be fun (but they only let girls play) is field hockey. Seems to me you could get a buncha guys runnin' around with sticks in their hands and they could have a bloody good time of it.
Kinda like lacrosse without the baggy sticks.

I played field hockey as a kid. My brother-in-law, ~55 years old, still plays field hockey. It is an Olympic sport, and the Pakistani, Indians and Dutch seem to excel in it.
Despite being Dutch at the time I was no good in it. That ball is too hard and heavy to play ball with. Respect was what I had, OK, maybe it was fear.
--
Best regards
Han

That's really interesting to me because all I've ever seen play it around here is young women and the sport looks like a hell of a lot of fun.
Maybe I don't get around enough.
Just the same with base ball ,why not play a mans game like cricket .
--

"Tom Watson" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Leave it to the Brits to name their national sport after an insect.
And leave it to the Merkins to change the name of a girls ball game from rounders to baseball and pretend it was a mans game all along...mjh
--

"Tom Watson" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Now, listen here, Hide. Are ye a Kentish Man, or a Man of Kent. Bye this I'm meaning, are ye East of Medway, or West. 'Tis no sorry point, as ye well know, and I'll not be suffering a Kentish Man to be trying to pass hisself off as a Man of Kent, nor the other way 'round neither. 'Tis a confusing business but the problem must be addressed directly, as there are issues at stake which extend beyond mere geography and nomenclature and this is known to all those who are of the cognoscenti.
'Course - ye might be a Yorkshireman - and then I wouldn't be able to understand whatever it might be that you said to me, anyway. Too, ye might be a Welshman and I wouldn't be able to spell whatever ye might say to me,anyway.
'Tis damned confusing, this. I await your enlightening interjection.

"Tom Watson" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Mike Hide wrote:

Crickets are little black insects used for fish bait.

What are you now?
--
-JR
Hung like Einstein and smart as a horse
Tom Watson wrote:

ahhh... no stick in Gaelic Football I think you're confusing it with Hurling. H