OT: Concrete Stain

I am not sure if there is a better group to ask this in (feel free to send me ideas) but here is my project:
I just had some pre-formed stairways installed outside a rental facility. They are bright white concrete with lots of rebar and aggregate inside. The outside is smooth concrete and really bright and I'm thinking about "staining" it a slightly darker color so it looks better around the facility. I know it will "fade" or self-stain over time, but I want it to look good now.
Any idea if there is a type of stain that will penetrate cured concrete? How about something that will not only penetrate but match the color of bluestone or shale aggregate and not fade quickly?
I thought of an oil-based paint severely watered down with acetone or alcohol... But don't know what will or will not work. I'm also working on getting a few samples to play with.
Joe - V#8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com Northern, NJ Ride a Motorcycle? Ask me about "The Ride" http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm
Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...
Have unwanted music CDs or DVDs of any type? I can use them for our charity. eMail me privately for details. Donation receipts available.
You need to find some concrete stain. Here is some information:
water based: <http://thestampstore.catalog.com/browseGroup.cfm?item_group_id 308>
acid based: http://thestampstore.catalog.com/browseGroup.cfm?item_group_idX176 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Excellente... Or as "us" Sicilians say, exeldente!
...Ever see the Soparanos? Not me... When you live it, you don't watch it. <grin>
http://www.kemiko.com /
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com
: I just had some pre-formed stairways installed outside a rental facility. : They are bright white concrete with lots of rebar and aggregate inside. The : outside is smooth concrete and really bright and I'm thinking about : "staining" it a slightly darker color so it looks better around the : facility. I know it will "fade" or self-stain over time, but I want it to : look good now.
: Any idea if there is a type of stain that will penetrate cured concrete?
I recently used an acid stain from Kemiko on the floors of a guesthouse, and really like the look -- it gives a marbelized look, in a variety of colors.
Have a look at:
http://www.kemiko.net
Good stuff.
    -- Andy Barss