OT- Computer Site

I have had my new computer for a couple of weeks now and I am still experiencing a few annoying little quirks. Maybe if I knew what I was doing with the new operating system and Norton I could fix them. So, is there a newsgroup like this one for home computer users? I checked out one of the computer groups and I did not have the faintest idea what they were talking about. Or how about one for XP and or Norton. Thanks, JG
the guys at alt.comp.hardware.overclocking usually love little challenges even if they have nothing to do with overclocking. if nothing else someone there could probably direct you to another newsgroup, but i doubt you will need look further.
randy

JGS wrote:

The easiest solution I found was to dump "Norton".
It all depends on what kind of help you're looking for.
If you're looking for help with Windows, Microsoft has a ton of newsgroups. Start looking under microsoft.public for the particular group that best suits your needs.
If you're looking for help with Norton, start looking under symantec.support, then look for the group that is for your version of Windows and particular product.
You can also get help in either
alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt or alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
although most questions in those two groups are hardware questions, they may still be able to help you.

newsgroups.
The nntp servers:
news.microsoft.com msnews.microsoft.com
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/05/04
"JGS" < snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

the first thing to do is go to microsoft and get all the updates for your operating system. thereshould be a windows update link in your start menu. then go to symantech and get updates for that. there are plenty to get so i hope you are not in a hurry. broadband makes this a much more pleasant experiance.
skeez

FWIW I thought it was so great getting my cable broadband last fall but now true nirvana has almost been reached now that I have a wireless router on the cable modem. Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO